compiling bigloo with mingw (not cygwin)
Author Message
 compiling bigloo with mingw (not cygwin)

Has anyone done this? I'm trying to compile bigloo 2.5c under with the
latest MinGW and MSys (this is not cygwin). I do "./configure --no-share
--jvm=no" (I want the c-backend, not java) and get this after proceeding
for  bit:
"*** ERROR:configure:socket. Aborting"

Any ideas?

Fri, 30 Sep 2005 01:12:46 GMT
 compiling bigloo with mingw (not cygwin)

Quote:

> Has anyone done this? I'm trying to compile bigloo 2.5c under with the
> latest MinGW and MSys (this is not cygwin). I do "./configure --no-share
> --jvm=no" (I want the c-backend, not java) and get this after proceeding
> for  bit:
> "*** ERROR:configure:socket. Aborting"

> Any ideas?

Well, after hacking away for awhile, ./configure will finish, but it
looks like it's no go with MinGW. Too much of the source is dependent on
things that MinGW leaves out. Adding a bunch of #defines for some
constants that cygwin wants only goes so far. For the curious, I even
tried using a cygwin installation and setting a CFLAG for -mno-cygwin so
the executable wouldn't depend on cygwin1.dll, but that doesn't work
either. It's a shame, really, to be bound by that cygwin dll under
Windows. Maybe one day...

--
John S. (to email, reverse the domain)

Mon, 03 Oct 2005 21:38:06 GMT

1. Compiling for cygwin NOT mingw

2. Compile error building tcl8.4.0 using MinGW-gcc, Cygwin

3. To MinGW or not to MinGW?

4. Tcl does not compile with mingw toolchain

5. windows.h not found, compiling 1.6.7 under cygwin/windows 2000

6. problems installing ossl on XP with MinGW/Cygwin

7. Windows: cygwin vs. GNAT mingw

8. EGCS-1.1.1 binaries for Cygwin/Mingw/UWIN (x86-win32)

9. make install fails on cygwin/mingw

10. Building shared libraries with gcc 3.2 (cygwin or mingw) for Tcl 8.4.1

11. Cygwin/Mingw configure script error

12. Building sampleextension with gcc (cygwin/mingw) on Windows doesn't work