Learning Scheme from SICP...
Author Message
 Learning Scheme from SICP...

Hello...

I'm trying to learn Scheme using Abelson and Sussman's "Structure and
Interpretation of COmputer Programs".  I have a problem...

I'm using MacGambit, which is R4RS compatable, but the Scheme used in
SICP is not.  Unfortunatly, I don't know the difference between the
two dialects enough to correct.  Does anyone else know of a way to
make this work?  Is there another Mac-based Scheme I should use
instead, that will allow me to write SICP compatable code?

Thank you for your assistance.

BTW, I did check the FAQ, but I found nothing that would help.  If I
missed something, please point it out.

--

Buddha Buck            #
85.5 Albany Street     #  The above opinions are mine, MINE, MINE!!!

Wed, 19 Feb 1997 11:52:49 GMT

1. Spread of Scheme and SICP?

2. Help needed - Scheme code from SICP

3. Scheme code (SICP)

4. Where is SICP scheme compatibility code?

5. Could CommonLISP replace Scheme in SICP ?

6. MIT C Scheme, documentation, extensions, SICP and compatibility module

7. MIT Scheme under Windows 3.1 and SICP

8. Explanation for Scheme newcomer Re: SICP exercise

9. Spread of Scheme and SICP?

10. SICP and other Scheme books?

11. SICP and reading for Scheme

12. REQ: SCHEME EXAMS (Based on SICP)