grabbing id3 tags
Author Message
 grabbing id3 tags

Hi,

is there I scheme library available to read id3 tags from and mp3 file?
thankyou,

etienne

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 04:28:55 GMT
 grabbing id3 tags

    Etienne> Hi, is there I scheme library available to read id3 tags
    Etienne> from and mp3 file?  thankyou,

v1 or v2?

Google seems to think Scheme is only associated with MP3 as "encoding"
or "tagging" scheme.

The v2 format is pretty simple, I believe something like "ID3", a
version number, a tag header size, then a series of 4 character codes
(for the tag name) each followed by the value in some encoding
associated with the tag (usually null terminated string).  The v1 format
does something similar but with only predefined tag names, and at the
end of the file.  You probably want to read the source for mp3info.

Oh, I highly recommend Ogg Vorbis over MP3.

--
Alex

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:28:30 GMT
 grabbing id3 tags

Quote:

> v1 or v2?

v2

Quote:
> Oh, I highly recommend Ogg Vorbis over MP3.

I'm not looking to encode, I just want to be able to read mp3 tags from a file.

thanks again,
--etienne

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 00:38:31 GMT

1. MP3/ID3 tags

2. ID3 Tags

3. ID3 Tags and realbasic

4. Calrion and MP3 ID3 tag

5. Created a Python module for ID3 MP3 tag manipulation

6. How to modify ID3 tags in MP3 files?

7. Extension for reading mp3 ID3 tags?

8. The tag, the whole tag, nothing but the tag, s'help me

9. grabs and problems with grabs: they don't seem to work

10. TAG AND DELETE (SUPER TAGGING)

11. tags and tag checking...

12. BLT tree tags: destroying associated treeview causes subsequent tag operations to fatally crash