DrScheme and run-time debugging ??
Author Message
 DrScheme and run-time debugging ??

Hi ALL,
I carefully looked through the docmentation which comes with Dr.Scheme
(Manuals, FAQ, etc) but I still have several questions regarding the debugging
support in Dr.Scheme suite of products.

More specifically,
HOW CAN I:
* set the breakpoints
  - unconditional
  - conditional
  - temporary
* Execute Scheme program stoping at these breakpoints
* Step through the code executing one statement at a time in "Full Scheme" mode
  (DrScheme "stepper" is available only at "Beginner Student" level)
* Examine current environment (call stack)
* modify symbol values
* Remove breakpoints
* Continue execution

A related question: which (free) Scheme implementations support debugging at
this level or better??

thanks,

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DrScheme and run-time debugging ??

Quote:
> More specifically,
> HOW CAN I:
> * set the breakpoints
>   - unconditional
>   - conditional
>   - temporary
> * Execute Scheme program stoping at these breakpoints
> * Step through the code executing one statement at a time in "Full Scheme" mode
>   (DrScheme "stepper" is available only at "Beginner Student" level)
> * Examine current environment (call stack)
> * modify symbol values
> * Remove breakpoints
> * Continue execution

> A related question: which (free) Scheme implementations support debugging at
> this level or better??

Gambit-C, http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit

Marc Feeley

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DrScheme and run-time debugging ??
DrScheme does not currently provide this level of debugging support.
This support is currently under development and will be available in
future versions (the Stepper, for instance, will eventually include
all language levels, and will allow the setting of breakpoints, etc).

'shriram

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. run-time debugging in DrScheme ??

2. Manugistics run-time [was: STSC run-time]

3. Debug/Kill + Debug/Run = RB Crash

4. Run-time & Design-time window size problem

5. I want LabVIEW run-time installer to run by default

6. On random system runs, at the same time into run, data sets goto zero

7. SOME TIMES IT RUNS, SOME TIMES IT REFUSES TO RESPOND

8. run same VI at same time several times

9. Compile-time vs Run-time

10. Doing run-time checks at compile-time

11. DEC Ada run-time error messages (Was: More Ashamedness of Ada - this time OBJECT WORLD)

12. busy cursor after running app in debug