Scheme Bibliography (Aug. 1988)
Author Message
 Scheme Bibliography (Aug. 1988)

BIB/REFER Database on SCHEME

This posting contains is a reasonable bibliography database on Scheme
(a crystal in the muddy language landscape), BIB/REFER format,
containing 82 entries sorted by date and first author, for your
perusal, corrections and enjoyment. I do not consider it complete
nor correct, hence your contributions and/or corrections are
gratefully accepted.

[Note: this posting also contains a r2bib (BibTeX) translation of the
database. I think BibTeX format is losing. If anyone knows of a better
bibliography format suitable for TeX, please let me know.]

So, here it is for your enjoyment. Happy Scheming...    oz

#! /bin/sh
# This is a shell archive.  Remove anything before this line, then unpack
# it by saving it into a file and typing "sh file".  To overwrite existing
# files, type "sh file -c".  You can also feed this as standard input via
# unshar, or by typing "sh <file", e.g..  If this archive is complete, you
# will see the following message at the end:
#               "End of shell archive."
# Contents:  tags.doc scheme.bib scheme.bibtex

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb ; export PATH
if test -f 'tags.doc' -a "${1}" != "-c" ; then
  echo shar: Will not clobber existing file \"'tags.doc'\"
else
echo shar: Extracting \"'tags.doc'\" \(422 characters\)
sed "s/^X//" >'tags.doc' <<'END_OF_FILE'
XBIB (UofArizona) Field Tags
X%A     - Author's name
X%B     - Title of the book containing item
X%C     - City of publication
X%D     - Date
X%E     - Editor(s) of book containing item
X%F     - Caption
X%G     - Government (NTIS) ordering number
X%I     - Issuer (publisher)
X%J     - Journal name
X%K     - Keys for searching
X%N     - Issue number
X%O     - Other information
X%P     - Page(s) of article
X%R     - Technical report number
X%S     - Series title
X%T     - Title
X%V     - Volume number
END_OF_FILE
if test 422 -ne `wc -c <'tags.doc'`; then
    echo shar: \"'tags.doc'\" unpacked with wrong size!
fi
# end of 'tags.doc'
fi
if test -f 'scheme.bib' -a "${1}" != "-c" ; then
  echo shar: Will not clobber existing file \"'scheme.bib'\"
else
echo shar: Extracting \"'scheme.bib'\" \(15607 characters\)
sed "s/^X//" >'scheme.bib' <<'END_OF_FILE'
X%A John Reynolds
X%T Definitional Interpreters for Higher Order Programming Languages
X%J ACM Conference Proceedings
X%P 717-740
X%I ACM
X%D 1972
X%A Gerald Jay Sussman
X%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
X%T Scheme: an Interpreter for Extended Lambda Calculus
X%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 349
X%C Cambridge, Mass.
X%D December 1975
X%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
X%A Gerald Jay Sussman
X%T Lambda, the Ultimate Imperative
X%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 353
X%C Cambridge, Mass.
X%D March 1976
X%K imperative
X%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
X%T Lambda, the Ultimate Declarative
X%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 379
X%C Cambridge, Mass.
X%D November 1976
X%K declarative
X%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
X%T Debunking the ``Expensive Procedure Call'' Myth, or Procedure Call
XImplementations Considered Harmful, or LAMBDA, the Ultimate GOTO
X%J ACM Conference Proceedings
X%P 153-162
X%I ACM
X%D 1977
X%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
X%T Macaroni is Better than Spaghetti
X%J Proceedings of the Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and
XProgramming Languages
X%P 60-66
X%O Special joint issue of SIGPLAN Notices 12(8) and SIGART Newsletter 64
X%D August 1977
X%A Mitchell Wand
X%T Continuation-Based Program Transformation Strategies
X%J Journal of the ACM
X%V 27
X%N 1
X%P 174-180
X%D 1978
X%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
X%A Gerald Jay Sussman
X%T The Revised Report on Scheme, a Dialect of Lisp
X%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 452
X%C Cambridge, Mass.
X%D January 1978
X%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
X%T Rabbit: a Compiler for Scheme
X%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory Technical Report 474
X%C Cambridge, Mass.
X%D May 1978
X%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
X%A Gerald Jay Sussman
X%T The Art of the Interpreter, or the Modularity Complex
X(parts zero, one, and two)
X%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 453
X%C Cambridge, Mass.
X%D May 1978
X%K modularity
X%A Drew McDermott
X%T An Efficient Environment Allocation Scheme in an Interpreter
Xfor a Lexically-Scoped Lisp
X%J Conference Record of the 1980 Lisp Conference
X%P 154-162
X%I The Lisp Conference, P.O. Box 487, Redwood Estates CA.
X%D 1980
X%O Proceedings reprinted by ACM
X%A Steven S. Muchnick
X%A Uwe F. Pleban
X%T A Semantic Comparison of Lisp and Scheme
X%J Conference Record of the 1980 Lisp Conference
X%P 56-65
X%I The Lisp Conference, P.O. Box 487, Redwood Estates CA.
X%D 1980
X%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
X%T Compiler Optimization Based on Viewing LAMBDA as RENAME + GOTO
X%B AI: An MIT Perspective
X%E Patrick Henry Winston
X%E Richard Henry Brown
X%I MIT Press
X%C Cambridge, Mass.
X%D 1980
X%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
X%A Gerald Jay Sussman
X%T The Dream of a Lifetime: a Lazy Variable Extent Mechanism
X%J Conference Record of the 1980 Lisp Conference
X%P 163-172
X%I The Lisp Conference
X%D 1980
X%A Mitchell Wand
X%T Continuation-Based Multiprocessing
X%J Conference Record of the 1980 Lisp Conference
X%P 19-28
X%I The Lisp Conference
X%D 1980
X%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
X%A Gerald Jay Sussman
X%T Design of a Lisp-based Processor
X%J CACM
X%V 23
X%N 11
X%P 628-645
X%D November 1980
X%A Gerald Jay Sussman
X%A Jack Holloway
X%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
X%A Alan Bell
X%T Scheme-79 - Lisp on a Chip
X%J IEEE Computer
X%V 14
X%N 7
X%P 10-21
X%D July 1981
X%I IEEE
X%A John Batali
X%A Edmund Goodhue
X%A Chris Hanson
X%A Howie Shrobe
X%A Richard M. Stallman
X%A Gerald Jay Sussman
X%T The Scheme-81 Architecture - System and Chip
X%J Proceedings, Conference on Advanced Research in VLSI
X%P 69-77
X%E Paul Penfield, Jr.
X%C Artech House, Dedham MA.
X%D 1982
X%K scheme81
X%A Peter Henderson
X%T Functional Geometry
X%J Conference Record of the 1982 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
XFunctional Programming
X%P 179-187
X%D 1982
X%A Jonathan A. Rees
X%A Norman I. Adams
X%T T: A Dialect of Lisp or, LAMBDA: The Ultimate Software Tool
X%J Conference Record of the 1982 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
XFunctional Programming
X%P 114-122
X%D 1982
X%A Gerald Jay Sussman
X%T LISP, Programming and Implementation
X%B Functional Programming and its Applications
X%E Darlington, Henderson, Turner
X%I Cambridge University Press
X%C London
X%D 1982
X%A Pee Hong Chen
X%A W.Y. Chi
X%A E.M. Ost
X%A L.D. Sabbagh
X%A G. Springer
X%T Scheme Graphics Reference Manual
X%R Computer Science Technical Report No. 145
X%I Indiana University
X%C Bloomington, Indiana
X%D August 1983
X%A Pee Hong Chen
X%A Daniel P. Friedman
X%T Prototyping data flow by translation into Scheme
X%R Computer Science Technical Report #147
X%I Indiana University
X%C Bloomington, Indiana
X%D August 1983
X%A Carol Fessenden
X%A William Clinger
X%A Daniel P. Friedman
X%A Christopher T. Haynes
X%T Scheme 311 version 4 Reference Manual
X%R Computer Science Technical Report 137
X%I Indiana University
X%C Bloomington, Indiana
X%D February 1983
X%O Superceded by Computer Science Technical Report 153, 1985
X%A William Clinger
X%T The Scheme 311 compiler: An Exercise in Denotational Semantics
X%J Conference Record of the 1984 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
XFunctional Programming
X%P 356-364
X%D 1984
X%K comp311
X%A Daniel P. Friedman
X%A Christopher T. Haynes
X%A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
X%T Programming with Continuations
X%B Program Transformation and Programming Environments
X%P 263-274
X%E P. Pepper
X%I Springer-Verlag
X%D 1984
X%A Christopher T. Haynes
X%A Daniel P. Friedman
X%T Engines Build Process Abstractions
X%J Conference Record of the 1984 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
XFunctional Programming
X%C Austin, TX.
X%P 18-24
X%D 1984
X%A Christopher T. Haynes
X%A Daniel P. Friedman
X%A Mitchell Wand
X%T Continuations and Coroutines
X%J Conference Record of the 1984 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
XFunctional Programming
X%C Austin, TX.
X%P 293-298
X%D 1984
X%A Daniel P. Friedman
X%A Mitchell Wand
X%T Reification: reflection without metaphysics
X%J Conference Record of the 1984 ACM Symposium on LISP and Functional
XProgramming
X%C Austin, TX.
X%P 348-355
X%D August 1984
X%A Jonathan A. Rees
X%A Norman I. Adams
X%A James R. Meehan
X%T The T manual, fourth edition
X%I Yale University Computer Science Department
X%D January 1984
X%A Guillermo J. Rozas
X%T Liar, an Algol-like Compiler for Scheme
X%I S. B. Thesis, MIT Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer
XScience
X%D January 1984
X%T MIT Scheme Manual, Seventh Edition
X%I Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, MIT
X%C Cambridge, Mass.
X%D September 1984
X%T MacScheme Reference Manual
X%I Semantic Microsystems
X%C Sausalito, Calif.
X%D 1985
X%A Harold Abelson
X%A Gerald Jay Sussman
X%A Julie Sussman
X%T Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
X%I MIT Press
X%C Cambridge, Mass.
X%D 1985
X%K sicp
X%A William Clinger
X%A Daniel P. Friedman
X%A Mitchell Wand
X%T A Scheme for a Higher-Level Semantic Algebra
X%B Algebraic Methods in Semantics
X%E J. Reynolds, M. Nivat
X%P 237-250
X%I Cambridge University Press
X%C London
X%D 1985
X%A Amitabh Srivastava
X%A Don Oxley
X%A Aditya Srivastava
X%T An (other) Integration of Logic and Functional Programming
X%J Proceedings of the Symposium on Logic Programming
X%P 254-260
X%I IEEE
X%D 1985
X%E William Clinger
X%T The Revised Revised Report on Scheme, or An Uncommon Lisp
X%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 848
X%C Cambridge, Mass.
X%O Also published as Computer Science Department Technical Report 174,
XIndiana University, June 1985
X%D August 1985
X%K rrrs
X%A Daniel P. Friedman
X%A Christopher T. Haynes
X%T Constraining Control
X%J Proceedings of the Twelfth Annual Symposium on Principles of
XProgramming Languages
X%C New Orleans, LA.
X%P 245-254
X%I ACM
X%D January 1985
X%A Daniel P. Friedman
X%A Christopher T. Haynes
X%A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
X%A Mitchell Wand
X%T Scheme 84 Interim Reference Manual
X%R Computer Science Technical Report 153
X%I Indiana University
X%C Bloomington, Indiana
X%D January ...

read more »

Sun, 17 Jan 1993 22:01:00 GMT
 Scheme Bibliography (Aug. 1988)
This is a wonderful resource!  Thank you for your efforts.

However, there is a bug.  I spell my name with no comma before
the "Jr.".  (Leslie Lamport cites this fact in the{*filter*}manual,
page 142.  Unfortunately his solution to the problem is incorrect.
The correct inverted form is "Steele, Guy L., Jr." and not
"Steele Jr., Guy L.")

--Guy

Sun, 17 Jan 1993 18:29:00 GMT

1. Scheme Bibliography (Aug. 1988)

2. Scheme Bibliography (Sept. 1988) Notes, Additions.

3. Scheme Bibliography (see comp.lang.scheme)

4. : Digitalk Smalltalk V/286 R1.1, 1988

5. Wanted: Rdriver source code from 1988

6. Object Oriented Program Construction, 1988, by Bertrand Meyer?

7. 1988 Rochester Forth Conference

8. Abstracts for 1988 Rochester Forth Conference

9. Ada Europe conference 1988

10. 1988 LISP & FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMMING - CALL FOR PAPERS

11. British Logo User Group conference 1988

12. Using LabVIEW to communicate with VSB (IEEE 1096-1988)