How many Schemes are there?
Author Message
 How many Schemes are there?

I am new to Scheme.  I would like to find out about different implemetations
on both the PC and UNIX environments; what are their names and where can they
be obtained?

Thu, 21 Jul 1994 05:29:27 GMT
 How many Schemes are there?

Quote:

klausf> Does anybody has a short text explaining the differences between these
klausf> implementations of Scheme?

I believe that there is on altdorf.ai.mit.edu in Jonathan Rees's area
pub/jar a file which describes current Scheme implementations and
availability.  I can't check now because altdorf is suffering from Stale
NFS handles  -- sorta like old bread, but worse ;-)

-- Vladimir
--
Vladimir G. Ivanovic                            Sun Microsystems, Inc
(415) 336-2315                                  MTV12-33

{decwrl,hplabs,ucbvax}!sun!Eng!vladimir         Mountain View, CA 94043-1100
                         Disclaimer: I speak for myself.

Sat, 23 Jul 1994 13:40:25 GMT
 How many Schemes are there?

Quote:
>I am new to Scheme.  I would like to find out about different implemetations
>on both the PC and UNIX environments; what are their names and where can they
>be obtained?

The same is true for me. I would like to ask some additional questions.

I would like to install a Scheme on MS-DOS and on a SCO-Open-Desktop
machine for educational purposes. In the ALTDORF-directories I find a
        Scheme-7.0,
        pc-scheme
        scheme-to-c
        scm

Does anybody has a short text explaining the differences between these
implementations of Scheme?

We want perhaps use scheme to generate stand-allone-programs. Is the
scheme-to-c installable on a SCO-ODT?
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen               Klaus M. Fueller, Kassel

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen               Klaus M. Fueller, Kassel

Fri, 22 Jul 1994 22:16:27 GMT

1. Questions... I am new to scheme

2. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

3. Need comparison between Bigloo scheme, MIT-sheme,PLT-scheme

4. Scheme/Dylan incompatibilities (Dyllo as a Scheme library)

5. scheme/lisp syntax [Re: scheme]

6. scheme->c and other scheme derivative functionality

7. Scheme Interpreter in Scheme

8. Scheme in Scheme

9. Translations from Scheme to C++ as aid to teaching C++ after Scheme

10. Scheme project: SQL in Scheme, good idea?

11. PC-Scheme like Scheme for OS/2

12. Better Scheme in OS/2 than X-Scheme?