How are reusable modules used?
Author Message
 How are reusable modules used?

The PLT Scheme unit system and the ML module system both allow the
programmer to write modules without specifying which other modules
they depend on.  A single PLT unit can be used several times, linked
against a different set of bindings each time.  An ML functor can be
applied several times, to different structures each time, yielding
several distinct structures.

This is very different from the module systems of Modula-2 and Java,
where each module explicitly names the other modules it uses.  The
linkage between modules is fixed, and there is only one instantiation
of each module.

How have people taken advantage of this property, in actual systems
that they have written?  In what circumstances have you instantiated a
single unit or function several times, linking it differently each
time?  I can imagine plenty of quick examples for myself; I'm
interested in hearing how people used this in real systems.

Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. reusable design vs. reusable code

2. Strange behavior using a module which uses another module

3. Urgent!!Oracle9i:using ODBC, I am noy able to link to my database tables using Access

4. Modules USING Modules?

5. Help with a view PLEASE I am using CW2003 and compiling in 32bit

6. I am considering using Clarion

7. Am I using this service correctly?

8. I am having trouble reading a time stamp on a video using OCR

9. I am using activex and everytime I save my vi it doubles in size

10. Am I using stream_set_timeout incorrectly?

11. what OS am I using ?

12. am i using hasattr() and getattr() wrong?