GUI/event loop programming is Continuation Passing - paper
Author Message
 GUI/event loop programming is Continuation Passing - paper

A number of people have asked me about a paper I presented this summer
in which I (attempt to) demonstrate that the event-loop programming
style currently endemic to Graphical User Interface programming is
nothing more than a twisted form of Continuation Passing Style
programming in disguise.  It also shows how nice it is when
continuations are callbacks.

Anyone interested can find the article from my home page at:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~fuchs

For the braver among you, there is also my recent dissertation on
Dreme, a distributed Scheme with mobile objects, among other things.

Matthew Fuchs

Tue, 07 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Continuations and GUI event loops

2. Tcl Event Loop vs TK Event Loop issues with Asynchronous Events

3. Merging Tcl's event loop with some other event loop

4. Merging Tcl's event loop with other event loops (notifier)

5. Multithreaded C++ and Tk GUI: Tcl Event Loop

6. GUI event loops

7. Event Loop Programming - HELP (Long)

8. Event loop programming

9. Handling file events in the event loop

10. Extend TK event loop to handle user defined event

11. Expect event loop triggers 'after' events

12. Creating a new event source in the TCL event loop