Return value to shell?
Author Message
 Return value to shell?

I have very strange problem with SCM 4c5.
I'd like to write scheme program which returns some value to shell.

When I type:

csh% scm; echo $status

Quote:
> (quit 2)

2
csh%

It works OK.
But when I try to do it not interactively:

File t.scm:
         (quit 2)

csh% scm -bq t.scm; echo $status
0

It always return 0!
Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong?

//--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
// Vadim Zaliva                         +   Those who do not understand Unix  +

//--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
--
//--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
// Vadim Zaliva                         +   Those who do not understand Unix  +

//--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+

Mon, 10 Feb 1997 15:43:37 GMT

1. How to return value to shell variable

2. Return value from awk snipet via korn shell subroutine

3. returning values from a function in a shell script

4. Quick Basic - How to get a returned value from the DOS shell

5. Return Value from a Remote Shell using Expect

6. RETURN / RETURN-FROM and values

7. Returning to shell

8. CLISP ext::shell returns Win32 error 2 (ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)

9. shell return code in tcl

10. emacs lisp entering a carriage return into a shell

11. help for newbie: way to get the value of an awk variable in a shell script

12. Getting awk computed value into shell variable