Accessing environments in scheme48
Author Message
 Accessing environments in scheme48

How can I access the current environment in scheme48? What I want is
something like make-environment (in SICP) or the-current-environment.

I'm trying to get the register machine simulator (which uses
make-environment) in SICP working in scheme48.

How can I implement the equivalent of make-environment or
the-current-environment in scheme48? Is it possible to use a
package instead of an environment? I found make-simple-package and
package->environment browsing the scheme48 code, but I couldn't figure
out how to use them.

The SICP code goes something like this:

        (define (make-new-machine)
          (make-environment
                (define ...)
                ...))

This procedure is supposed to return the environment resulting from the
defines. The bindings in the environment is then accessed and altered
using eval.

Thanks
/Daniel
--
Daniel Neri

Fri, 26 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. accessing queue-front (scheme48/scsh)

2. accessing environment variables

3. Accessing the environment from ST/VWIN 2.0

4. Access Control of Applications in a Corporate Environment

5. CPD 2.1 access DOS environment

6. accessing environment variables and windows directory

7. accessing environment variables in OS/2 PLI

8. Accessing the environment

9. Personal Rexx: How to access NT environment variables?

10. Access to current environment

11. accessing environment variables

12. Accessing DOS Environment Variables.