Anybody doing CLOS with guile (or scheme)?
Author Message
 Anybody doing CLOS with guile (or scheme)?

Anybody know where I can find a CLOS implementation for guile, or for
some other scheme system?  Or anything vaguely like CLOS?

Thanks,
Dave Cottingham

Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anybody doing CLOS with guile (or scheme)?

Quote:

> Anybody know where I can find a CLOS implementation for guile, or for
> some other scheme system?  Or anything vaguely like CLOS?

For something "vaguely like CLOS," take a look at Christian Queinnec's
_Meroon_ at

ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/Projects/icsla/WWW/Meroon.html.

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anybody doing CLOS with guile (or scheme)?

Quote:

> > Anybody know where I can find a CLOS implementation for guile, or for
> > some other scheme system?  Or anything vaguely like CLOS?

Try mops, which is a minimal implementation of CLOS, written by Gregor
Kiczales (the inventor of CLOS) himself. You should be able to find it at the
scheme repository:

        ftp://ftp.cs.indiana.edu:/pub/scheme-repository/code/oop/mops.tar.gz

                                                                      Philip

--

+44 (0)1223 49 4639                 | Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton
+44 (0)1223 49 4468 (fax)           | Cambridge CB10 1SD,  GREAT BRITAIN

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anybody doing CLOS with guile (or scheme)?

Quote:

> > > Anybody know where I can find a CLOS implementation for guile, or for
> > > some other scheme system?  Or anything vaguely like CLOS?

> Try mops, which is a minimal implementation of CLOS, written by Gregor
> Kiczales (the inventor of CLOS) himself.

STk comes with a built in object system which is mostly CLOS.  I
believe it's also based on the above sited mops.

--
Harvey J. Stein
Berger Financial Research

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anybody doing CLOS with guile (or scheme)?

Quote:
> Anybody know where I can find a CLOS implementation for guile, or for
> some other scheme system?  Or anything vaguely like CLOS?

There is a CLOS-like object system in development for Guile, but it is
not publically available currently. Since I am not the developer, I
don't know when it will be available, but I think it will be vaguely
similar to MOPS (mentioned elsewhere on this thread) although probably
much more efficient.

 - Maciej Stachowiak

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anybody doing CLOS with guile (or scheme)?

Quote:

> Anybody know where I can find a CLOS implementation for guile, or for
> some other scheme system?  Or anything vaguely like CLOS?

STk comes with an object system that's basically CLOS.

--
Harvey J. Stein
Berger Financial Research

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Anyone done CLOS to VisualWorks translation?

2. SQL-DMO: anybody has done this?

3. siod, anybody done a Sybase interface for it?

4. Anybody doing anything about serious physics in VRML?

5. VHDL COURSE (ANYBODY DONE THIS COURSE?)

6. Anybody done overlapped serial IO in CVF?

7. Anybody doing irc-stuff with Python / status of irc-modules for Python

8. shar in TCL: TCLAR? Has anybody done it

9. Anybody done this before?

10. Guile, STk and the Tk-Scheme interface

11. Newer Scheme mode (or Guile mode)?

12. guile // guile-pg (postgress) // apache (cgi-bin)