Anyone care to port ILU to Scheme?
Author Message
 Anyone care to port ILU to Scheme?

I'm wondering if anyone would care to try doing an ILU port for
Scheme?  I'm happy with Laumann's ELK, but any decent scheme with some
sort of multiple inheritance object system, and way of
calling/being-called-from C code, should work fine.  A port should be
fairly easy; we could provide our python port as a guide.

ILU is an object-oriented module system, intended to ease the pain of
writing a program, different parts of which are written in different
languages.  As a side effect of this, it provides an object RPC system
between program modules which are running in different address spaces,
so it also becomes a tool for doing distributed programs.  Currently
supported languages include Common Lisp, ANSI C, C++, and Modula-3.
Python and Tcl are in the works.

For more ILU info, see

  ftp://parcftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html

Bill

--

 Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, 3333 Coyote Hill Rd, Palo Alto, CA  94304

Tue, 04 Feb 1997 11:20:10 GMT

1. anyone porting MIT Scheme to OS/2

2. Q: anyone porting MIT Scheme to OS/2?

3. Does anyone care about diskettes?

4. Does anyone care about diskettes?

5. Anyone who cares about gender-neutral...

6. Anyone care to define 'RTL'?

7. A fast assembler pixel, if anyone cares tell me what you think

8. Anyone care to try this puzzle with TCL?

9. ILU 2.0a12, Python 1.5.1, COM and ilu.RunMainLoop

10. CMUCL/ILU port - work in progress?

11. ILU 2.0alpha13 available - Guile Scheme ORB

12. ILU for scheme/C FFI [was: Porting scsh & RScheme]