sigma, an interpreted, functional extension language for C++
Author Message
 sigma, an interpreted, functional extension language for C++

Sigma is a small, interpreted, functional programming language. Sigma
is also the collection of C++ library components from which the
interpreter is built. Sigma's form is casually inspired by (but not at
all faithful to) Scheme, Standard ML, and Dylan.

Sigma is not finished (in the sense that it isn't yet very practical
for much right out of the box). However, the core interpreter works.

I'm releasing a beta (0.3) because some may find it interesting in
that it is an attempt to implement a fully-fledged functional
programming language interpreter from as few conceptual components as
possible given C++ as an implementation language. (I'm also releasing
it to get my mind off of it for a while and get back to my day job and
real life.)

The software is free. Comments are of course welcome, but I am not
offering support of any kind, and I make no claims about its
suitability for any purpose.

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

-thant

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 02:05:24 GMT

1. sigma, an interpreted, functional extension language for C++

2. Sigma, an interpreted functional programming language implemented in C++

3. Interpreted Language from which one can call C++ methods

4. C++/Functional Language Integration Thesis available

5. language interpreters/ interpreted languages weaknesses?

6. seeking extension language, smoothest possible interoperation with C/C++

7. Using C++ as extension language

8. seeking extension language, smoothest possible interoperation with C/C++

9. non-functional syntax in a mostly functional language

10. Interpreting error messages in Functional Developer

11. Looking for extension to interpret HTML

12. Speed of FP languages, prospects (was Re: Benchmarking Lazy Functional Languages)