STk can't find Slib
Author Message
 STk can't find Slib

I donwloaded and installed STk today (Debian GNU/Linux 2.1ish, Pentium, if
that helps). I wanted to check out a program that uses Slib, but STk was
expecting Slib to be in /usr/local/lib. In actual fact, it's in /usr/share/.
Not being able to find any information about configuring STk in the docs, nor
anything helpful in the configure script , I made a symlink to /usr/local/lib.
Then it complained it couldn't find slibcat in it's own directory. I'm
guessing that slibcat gets built at compile time or something and needs to
know where slib is before that.

So how do I let STk know where slib is?

--
|_____
"7. Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent"
|~~~~~
Andrew Tarr

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 STk can't find Slib

Quote:

> I donwloaded and installed STk today (Debian GNU/Linux 2.1ish, Pentium, if
> that helps). I wanted to check out a program that uses Slib, but STk was
> expecting Slib to be in /usr/local/lib. In actual fact, it's in /usr/share/.
> Not being able to find any information about configuring STk in the docs,
> nor anything helpful in the configure script , I made a symlink to
> /usr/local/lib.  Then it complained it couldn't find slibcat in it's own
> directory. I'm guessing that slibcat gets built at compile time or something
> and needs to know where slib is before that.
> So how do I let STk know where slib is?

I see the following in /afs/rchland.ibm.com/rel/common/prod/ct/local/200001/rs_aix43/lib/stk/4.0.1/STk/STk.init

(define library-vicinity
  (let ((library-path (or (getenv "SCHEME_LIBRARY_PATH") "/usr/local/lib/slib/")))
    (lambda () library-path)))

Does setting the variable or changing the path work for you?

--
Daniel Ortmann, IBM Circuit Technology, Rochester, MN 55901-7829

"The answers are so simple, and we all know where to look,
but it's easier just to avoid the question." -- Kansas

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. problem w/ STk and slib macro-by-example

2. stk and slib still not cooperating

4. It's not bad canned meat...

5. It's not bad canned meat...

6. It's not bad canned meat...

7. It's not bad canned meat...

8. STk server.stk goofiness?

9. seeding slib's random number generator

10. using slib's macros

11. Slib's parser

12. slib's parse