Properties of a user control displayed in designer
Author Message
 Properties of a user control displayed in designer

Hello all,

I need to know how to mark a property that I have in one of my user controls
so that the property will not display in the designer once the control is
plugged into a form.  Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks,
Shannon

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:58:29 GMT
 Properties of a user control displayed in designer
Nevermind, I figured it out.  If anyone else needs this functionality, place
the attribute [Browsable(false)] in front of the property you do not want
displayed.  To keep the designer from generating code for the default of the
control's property, place the attribute
[DesignerSerializationVisibility(DesignerSerializationVisibility.Hidden)] in
front of the property as well.

Thanks anyway,
Shannon

Quote:
> Hello all,

> I need to know how to mark a property that I have in one of my user
controls
> so that the property will not display in the designer once the control is
> plugged into a form.  Can anyone tell me how to do this?

> Thanks,
> Shannon

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:56:31 GMT

1. ASP.NET user control custom designer question

2. ASP.NET user control custom designer question

3. User Control Properties in Runtime

4. User Controls: Accessing Properties (a slightly different point of view)

5. Q: Passing values to user control properties

6. Declaring properties in a user control...

7. Horrible user control bug stripped all user controls from my project

8. How to make an ActiveX Control to Display Property Pages

9. How to access the display properties control panel ?

10. How to make an ActiveX Control to Display Property Pages

11. Displaying property pages in a dynamically created, runtime-licensed activex control

12. Problem/Apparent Bug with TreeView Control Displayed Text NOT matching the Text Property of the Node