How to get current system time 
Author Message
 How to get current system time

Hi,
I have tried to find out how to get system current time (in Java =
System.currentTimeMillis() )without any luck . Could you help me please?

Kovan



Tue, 31 Aug 2004 02:31:40 GMT  
 How to get current system time
DateTime.Now.ToString();


Quote:
> Hi,
> I have tried to find out how to get system current time (in Java =
> System.currentTimeMillis() )without any luck . Could you help me please?

> Kovan



Tue, 31 Aug 2004 02:35:19 GMT  
 How to get current system time
DateTime.Now

HTH,

Adam

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!



Tue, 31 Aug 2004 02:36:03 GMT  
 How to get current system time
Thank you for replying.I do know about DateTime but that doesn't what I'm
looking for. I need the current system time in milliseconds just as I get in
java using "System.currentTimeMillis()" without trying to do any math to
calculate it.Is there away to get that?

Kovan


Quote:
> DateTime.Now.ToString();



> > Hi,
> > I have tried to find out how to get system current time (in Java =
> > System.currentTimeMillis() )without any luck . Could you help me please?

> > Kovan



Tue, 31 Aug 2004 04:25:16 GMT  
 How to get current system time
Will Environment.TickCount help? It returns the # ms that have passed since
the computer was booted.

Or maybe DateTime.Ticks?

-glenn-


Quote:
> Thank you for replying.I do know about DateTime but that doesn't what I'm
> looking for. I need the current system time in milliseconds just as I get
in
> java using "System.currentTimeMillis()" without trying to do any math to
> calculate it.Is there away to get that?

> Kovan



> > DateTime.Now.ToString();



> > > Hi,
> > > I have tried to find out how to get system current time (in Java =
> > > System.currentTimeMillis() )without any luck . Could you help me
please?

> > > Kovan



Tue, 31 Aug 2004 04:52:51 GMT  
 How to get current system time
Take a look at the DateTime class and it's properties, one of the is Millisecond.

Willy.

Quote:

> Thank you for replying.I do know about DateTime but that doesn't what I'm
> looking for. I need the current system time in milliseconds just as I get in
> java using "System.currentTimeMillis()" without trying to do any math to
> calculate it.Is there away to get that?

> Kovan



> > DateTime.Now.ToString();



> > > Hi,
> > > I have tried to find out how to get system current time (in Java =
> > > System.currentTimeMillis() )without any luck . Could you help me please?

> > > Kovan



Tue, 31 Aug 2004 04:52:46 GMT  
 How to get current system time
Willy, I think that TickCount has to be used. Millisecond just returns the
millisecond component of the current time instance. I think that Java's
currentTimeMillis returns a value along the lines of TickCount (but I may
not be remembering correctly).

-glenn-



Quote:
> Take a look at the DateTime class and it's properties, one of the is
Millisecond.

> Willy.




Quote:
> > Thank you for replying.I do know about DateTime but that doesn't what
I'm
> > looking for. I need the current system time in milliseconds just as I
get in
> > java using "System.currentTimeMillis()" without trying to do any math to
> > calculate it.Is there away to get that?

> > Kovan



> > > DateTime.Now.ToString();



> > > > Hi,
> > > > I have tried to find out how to get system current time (in Java =
> > > > System.currentTimeMillis() )without any luck . Could you help me
please?

> > > > Kovan



Tue, 31 Aug 2004 05:01:24 GMT  
 How to get current system time
Sure I was wrong, but TickCount is not exactly the same thing either, another option is DateTime.Ticks.

In Java, currentTimeMillis,  is the difference, measured in milliseconds, between the current time and midnight, January 1, 1970
UTC.

Environment.TickCount is the number of milliseconds elapsed since the system started

DateTime.Ticks is the 100-nanosecond intervals that have elapsed since 12:00 A.M., January 1, 0001

Willy.

Quote:

> Willy, I think that TickCount has to be used. Millisecond just returns the
> millisecond component of the current time instance. I think that Java's
> currentTimeMillis returns a value along the lines of TickCount (but I may
> not be remembering correctly).

> -glenn-



> > Take a look at the DateTime class and it's properties, one of the is
> Millisecond.

> > Willy.



> > > Thank you for replying.I do know about DateTime but that doesn't what
> I'm
> > > looking for. I need the current system time in milliseconds just as I
> get in
> > > java using "System.currentTimeMillis()" without trying to do any math to
> > > calculate it.Is there away to get that?

> > > Kovan



> > > > DateTime.Now.ToString();



> > > > > Hi,
> > > > > I have tried to find out how to get system current time (in Java =
> > > > > System.currentTimeMillis() )without any luck . Could you help me
> please?

> > > > > Kovan



Tue, 31 Aug 2004 05:45:18 GMT  
 How to get current system time
Hi,

Have you tried DateTime.Now

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Jun Su
Microsoft Support

---
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------

| Subject: How to get current system time
| Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:31:40 +0100
|
| Hi,
| I have tried to find out how to get system current time (in Java =
| System.currentTimeMillis() )without any luck . Could you help me please?
|
| Kovan
|
|
|



Fri, 03 Sep 2004 17:11:13 GMT  
 How to get current system time
Thank you for your reply.YEs I have tried that, but it not what I'm looking

for. I need to get the current system time in millisecond.In Java this is

accomplished using System.currentMilliSec I think.I do use DateTime.Now.tick

and convert it to seconds, but it not quite the same is ? I would like to

get system time at once.

Regards

Kovan



Quote:
> Hi,

> Have you tried DateTime.Now

> I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

> Best Regards,

> Jun Su
> Microsoft Support

> ---
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

> --------------------

> | Subject: How to get current system time
> | Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:31:40 +0100
> |
> | Hi,
> | I have tried to find out how to get system current time (in Java =
> | System.currentTimeMillis() )without any luck . Could you help me please?
> |
> | Kovan
> |
> |
> |



Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:28:05 GMT  
 How to get current system time
Hi,

I'm not clear about the usage of System.currentMilliSec in JAVA. In .Net, I
think you can check the followings:

1. The Ticks property of the DateTime.Now
The value of Ticks property is the number of 100-nanosecond intervals that
have elapsed since 12:00 A.M., January 1, 0001.

2. The TickCount Property  of the Environment object.
Gets the number of milliseconds elapsed since the system started.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Jun Su
Microsoft Support

---
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------


| Subject: Re: How to get current system time
| Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:28:05 +0100
|
| Thank you for your reply.YEs I have tried that, but it not what I'm
looking
|
| for. I need to get the current system time in millisecond.In Java this is
|
| accomplished using System.currentMilliSec I think.I do use
DateTime.Now.tick
|
| and convert it to seconds, but it not quite the same is ? I would like to
|
| get system time at once.
|
| Regards
|
| Kovan
|


| > Hi,
| >
| > Have you tried DateTime.Now
| >
| > I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.
| >
| > Best Regards,
| >
| > Jun Su
| > Microsoft Support
| >
| > ---
| > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
| >
| > --------------------

| > | Subject: How to get current system time
| > | Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:31:40 +0100
| > |
| > | Hi,
| > | I have tried to find out how to get system current time (in Java =
| > | System.currentTimeMillis() )without any luck . Could you help me
please?
| > |
| > | Kovan
| > |
| > |
| > |
| >
|
|
|



Sat, 04 Sep 2004 09:56:42 GMT  
 
 [ 11 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Getting current system time in milliseconds

2. Getting the current date/time

3. Get Current System Time

4. Current System Time

5. getting and useing system time

6. getting system time on NT

7. Getting system time

8. getting wrong system time

9. getting the system time format

10. Getting idle time of system/os

11. Getting system date/time at midnight?

12. runtime needed (getting system time?)

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software