docs/comments for my classes question
Author Message
 docs/comments for my classes question

When I use the cool documenting comments, I get the help to show up when
using the object browser.
However, when I create a DLL and put it on another machine, the help is not
there.
The bottom-line question: How do I include the cool help info with my DLL?
Do I need to distribute another file? Thanks a lot.

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 03:44:17 GMT
 docs/comments for my classes question
Mark,

    You should take the XML document and name it the same as your assembly,
except with an XML extension, and place it in the same directory that the
assembly resides in.

    Hope this helps.

Quote:
> When I use the cool documenting comments, I get the help to show up when
> using the object browser.
> However, when I create a DLL and put it on another machine, the help is
not
> there.
> The bottom-line question: How do I include the cool help info with my DLL?
> Do I need to distribute another file? Thanks a lot.

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 03:43:32 GMT
 docs/comments for my classes question
Thank you.

Quote:
> Mark,

>     You should take the XML document and name it the same as your
assembly,
> except with an XML extension, and place it in the same directory that the
> assembly resides in.

>     Hope this helps.

> > When I use the cool documenting comments, I get the help to show up when
> > using the object browser.
> > However, when I create a DLL and put it on another machine, the help is
> not
> > there.
> > The bottom-line question: How do I include the cool help info with my
DLL?
> > Do I need to distribute another file? Thanks a lot.

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 03:51:40 GMT
 docs/comments for my classes question
On the website below, you'll find a whitepaper on XML Doc Comments that
explains what you need to do.

--
Visit the C# product team at http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp

> When I use the cool documenting comments, I get the help to show up when
> using the object browser.
> However, when I create a DLL and put it on another machine, the help is
not
> there.
> The bottom-line question: How do I include the cool help info with my DLL?
> Do I need to distribute another file? Thanks a lot.

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 08:54:12 GMT

1. Commenting enum for xml docs

2. MFC-Class to use Word Docs

3. Many Docs/Views questions

4. Class Wizard deletes my comments

5. Class Wizard deletes my comments

6. Mircosoft Certified MFC/VC++ 5.0 classes: Need comments!!

7. More Qs and Comments on UdpClient class

8. Need comments on commenting program

9. Change C++ comments to C-comments

10. Multi-Line Comments Nested in Single Line Comments

11. changing C++ comments // to C comments /*

12. comments on comments