Tab control weirdness
Author Message
 Tab control weirdness

I have a tab control,containing 2 tab pages. One displays a text box
while the other displays a button.

In the IDE, if I click on the tab pages, I see the text box on one
page and button on the other just fine.

At runtime, the tab control refuses to update the contents of the
selected tab page, i.e. it shows only the content of the first page or
second page unless I resize the tab control. What gives? Nope, I didnt
register/override a SelectedIndexChanged handler or any other handler

btw, there are 2 other tab controls on the same form (seperated from
this strange one by splitters) , they work just fine.

Any suggestions ?

Sameer.

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 01:09:06 GMT
 Tab control weirdness
Hi Sameer,

Yes, this behavior sounds quite weird. Have your tried to re-create the Tabcontrol? Did this behavior still occur? Check the code of this TabControl in the code view, is
there any difference between its code and those of the other 2 TabControls

Regards,

Felix Wu
=============

--------------------

Quote:

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.CSharp
>Subject: Tab control weirdness
>Date: 3 Jun 2002 10:09:06 -0700

postnews1.google.com!not-for-mail
Quote:

>I have a tab control,containing 2 tab pages. One displays a text box
>while the other displays a button.

>In the IDE, if I click on the tab pages, I see the text box on one
>page and button on the other just fine.

>At runtime, the tab control refuses to update the contents of the
>selected tab page, i.e. it shows only the content of the first page or
>second page unless I resize the tab control. What gives? Nope, I didnt
>register/override a SelectedIndexChanged handler or any other handler

>btw, there are 2 other tab controls on the same form (seperated from
>this strange one by splitters) , they work just fine.

>Any suggestions ?

>Sameer.

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:13:59 GMT

1. Modeless PropertySheet - TAB weirdness

2. Tab key to tab between controls does not work properly

3. want tab control with tabs on bottom

4. Tab Control - disabling a tab

5. Moving the first tab in a tab control over a bit

6. Cannot press tab to move to a tab control after using WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT

7. Article: Implementing drag 'n drop tab sorting in a tab control

8. Tab Control Ctrl-Tab-Keys

9. Tab control: separate a tab

10. Disabling individual tabs on a tab control

11. Tab control and tab order

12. tabbing in subdialog of tab control of CDialog blows up