Object Passing between Web and Console App in Vs.NET
Author Message
 Object Passing between Web and Console App in Vs.NET

Hi All

I am working on a project in which an object needs to be passed
between a web application(using ASP.NET) and a console application.
The two sides have methods which need to be visible from the other
end. I have tried to integrate
the whole thing in a single project(using shared dll) but that doesn't
give the desired result. This approach leads to over utilisation of
the system resources.

Can anyone help me out ???

Thanks in advance
Partha, Bhavesh & Amrita

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:11:54 GMT
 Object Passing between Web and Console App in Vs.NET
Partha,

    Your best bet would be to do what you said, using a shared DLL.  You say
that is leads to an over utilization of system resources, but how?  The same
resources are going to be used regardless of whether it is in a DLL or an
EXE.

--
          - Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Quote:
> Hi All

> I am working on a project in which an object needs to be passed
> between a web application(using ASP.NET) and a console application.
> The two sides have methods which need to be visible from the other
> end. I have tried to integrate
> the whole thing in a single project(using shared dll) but that doesn't
> give the desired result. This approach leads to over utilisation of
> the system resources.

> Can anyone help me out ???

> Thanks in advance
> Partha, Bhavesh & Amrita

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 23:11:54 GMT

1. Accessing ATL COM object from V.S. 2003 Embedded VB.NET app

2. Add C# Web User Controls to a VB.Net Web App

3. Namespace Conflict - c# Class Library used by Web Service and ASP.NET Web App

4. win32 app vs win32 console app?

5. Console apps vs Windows Apps

6. New Install of VS.NET brings up IE vs App on debug

7. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

8. Passing Pointer to a Structure to a Spawned Console App

9. Help: Console window disappears immediately when running in VS.net IDE

10. Change web server in vs.net

11. Consistent web forms in VS.NET

12. Moving from console-based C to VS.net