How to keep child Components from showing on Forms?
Author Message
 How to keep child Components from showing on Forms?

I'm adding sub-objects to a Form which inherit from Component.  When I do
this, they appear in that area underneath the Form where ImageLists, etc.
show up.  Since logically they are sub-objects of a custom control, I do not
want them to appear in that area although I DO want them selectable in the
property grid.  Does anyone know how to prevent them from being displayed in
the Component tray area?

Thanks!

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:56:50 GMT
 How to keep child Components from showing on Forms?
Add the DesignTimeVisible(false) attribute to the class definition of your
sub-objects.

You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

Quote:
> I'm adding sub-objects to a Form which inherit from Component.  When I do
> this, they appear in that area underneath the Form where ImageLists, etc.
> show up.  Since logically they are sub-objects of a custom control, I do
not
> want them to appear in that area although I DO want them selectable in the
> property grid.  Does anyone know how to prevent them from being displayed
in
> the Component tray area?

> Thanks!

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 01:30:43 GMT

1. How develop MDI application with child forms like VB MDI and Child forms

2. Need to keep a windows form as the topmost form

3. UserControl does not show on running form and properies do not show

4. system.windows.forms.form.show()

5. Broken Show() and Hide() for Forms.Form.TabPage

6. modeless form using form.Show() method in C#

7. How develop MDI form with child forms

8. How to let parent form listening MDI child Form

9. keeping state in com+ components

10. keeping state in com+ components

11. Keep a Child Window in the top position

12. How to keep a child always visivle???