The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome 
Author Message
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome

There is this this flawed philosophy that PostBack is the best solution to
web programming that is spouted off via POSTBACK PURIST / Elitists.

It's says you must post back to the same page and that it is the PERFECT
SOLUTION.

No pages should communication with other pages using the POSTFORWARD
solution via the action attribute while also containing ASP control tags.

Thus eliminating a tremendously simple and useful solution of the post
forward.

There is also this thinking that you can do it the ASP way or the ASP.NET
way.

POSTBACK PURISTS and ELITIST.....ah la MVP's are going to make your life
harder and make your do TIME CONSUMING workarounds that offset the Time
Saving ASP controls

Dear Microsoft, please don't give into these PostBack Purists and Elitists
that will only make programming harder in both the short term and the long
term....



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:50:28 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome
Wow, bro.

Wow.


Quote:
> There is this this flawed philosophy that PostBack is the best solution to
> web programming that is spouted off via POSTBACK PURIST / Elitists.

> It's says you must post back to the same page and that it is the PERFECT
> SOLUTION.

> No pages should communication with other pages using the POSTFORWARD
> solution via the action attribute while also containing ASP control tags.

> Thus eliminating a tremendously simple and useful solution of the post
> forward.

> There is also this thinking that you can do it the ASP way or the ASP.NET
> way.

> POSTBACK PURISTS and ELITIST.....ah la MVP's are going to make your life
> harder and make your do TIME CONSUMING workarounds that offset the Time
> Saving ASP controls

> Dear Microsoft, please don't give into these PostBack Purists and Elitists
> that will only make programming harder in both the short term and the long
> term....



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 10:15:56 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome
Anyone have a bone we can throw this dog? Prefereably over a lake with thin
ice!

Hey, COM "Got No" DNA, the "comp.lang.java" have already asked nicely that
you not cross post to their group. I think this means they are getting a
little tired of ya.

--
With My Warmest Regards (NOT),

Cal



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 10:17:39 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome
Start downloading the .NET Framework and stop your crying because you know
have been beaten.

I may or may not still request from MS that they allow post forwards
considering the .NET Framework is now out.

And just notice one thing....only  PURISTS MVP's are in this HUGE
thread.....NOT ONE Microsoft Program Manager.....hmmmmmmmm

 I was probably too late if it's not in there now, but there still can be
updates!!!!

Just remember the label PostBack Purist or Postback Elitist !!!!!!
You can wear it as a like a cross.  And I will be sure to point that out.


Quote:
> Anyone have a bone we can throw this dog? Prefereably over a lake with
thin
> ice!

> Hey, COM "Got No" DNA, the "comp.lang.java" have already asked nicely that
> you not cross post to their group. I think this means they are getting a
> little tired of ya.

> --
> With My Warmest Regards (NOT),

> Cal



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 10:42:59 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome
I don't find it more difficult... in fact, in a real application, where data
gets used by the APPLICATION and not just "the next page", it's the norm to
store my data in a session.  It is then accessible from all of my pages.

Now go away, you're really beginning to look like an idiot.

--
---
Greg Pasquariello


Quote:
> There is this this flawed philosophy that PostBack is the best solution to
> web programming that is spouted off via POSTBACK PURIST / Elitists.

> It's says you must post back to the same page and that it is the PERFECT
> SOLUTION.

> No pages should communication with other pages using the POSTFORWARD
> solution via the action attribute while also containing ASP control tags.

> Thus eliminating a tremendously simple and useful solution of the post
> forward.

> There is also this thinking that you can do it the ASP way or the ASP.NET
> way.

> POSTBACK PURISTS and ELITIST.....ah la MVP's are going to make your life
> harder and make your do TIME CONSUMING workarounds that offset the Time
> Saving ASP controls

> Dear Microsoft, please don't give into these PostBack Purists and Elitists
> that will only make programming harder in both the short term and the long
> term....



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 10:46:13 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome
Typical techno dweeb purist elitist arrogant answer.

Just can't accept a simple solution that's better.....

You know there are not that many people here who are arguing against me.....
10 or 20 so out of hundreds of thousands and not ONE Microsoft Manager or
guy/gal

And that's because I can easily defend my point of view against a lot of nay
sayers at the same time.


Quote:
> I don't find it more difficult... in fact, in a real application, where
data
> gets used by the APPLICATION and not just "the next page", it's the norm
to
> store my data in a session.  It is then accessible from all of my pages.

> Now go away, you're really beginning to look like an idiot.

> --
> ---
> Greg Pasquariello



> > There is this this flawed philosophy that PostBack is the best solution
to
> > web programming that is spouted off via POSTBACK PURIST / Elitists.

> > It's says you must post back to the same page and that it is the PERFECT
> > SOLUTION.

> > No pages should communication with other pages using the POSTFORWARD
> > solution via the action attribute while also containing ASP control
tags.

> > Thus eliminating a tremendously simple and useful solution of the post
> > forward.

> > There is also this thinking that you can do it the ASP way or the
ASP.NET
> > way.

> > POSTBACK PURISTS and ELITIST.....ah la MVP's are going to make your life
> > harder and make your do TIME CONSUMING workarounds that offset the Time
> > Saving ASP controls

> > Dear Microsoft, please don't give into these PostBack Purists and
Elitists
> > that will only make programming harder in both the short term and the
long
> > term....



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 10:53:16 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome
Hehe.  Not better.  Different.  Both work equally well for simple things.
The postback method works better for complex things.  If MS decides to put
post forward in, it simply adds to the richness of the framework.  Hopefully
they'll give you credit this time.

I'm glad your doing this in this newsgroup, probably keeps you off the
streets.

--
---
Greg Pasquariello


Quote:
> Typical techno dweeb purist elitist arrogant answer.

> Just can't accept a simple solution that's better.....

> You know there are not that many people here who are arguing against
me.....
> 10 or 20 so out of hundreds of thousands and not ONE Microsoft Manager or
> guy/gal

> And that's because I can easily defend my point of view against a lot of
nay
> sayers at the same time.



> > I don't find it more difficult... in fact, in a real application, where
> data
> > gets used by the APPLICATION and not just "the next page", it's the norm
> to
> > store my data in a session.  It is then accessible from all of my pages.

> > Now go away, you're really beginning to look like an idiot.

> > --
> > ---
> > Greg Pasquariello



> > > There is this this flawed philosophy that PostBack is the best
solution
> to
> > > web programming that is spouted off via POSTBACK PURIST / Elitists.

> > > It's says you must post back to the same page and that it is the
PERFECT
> > > SOLUTION.

> > > No pages should communication with other pages using the POSTFORWARD
> > > solution via the action attribute while also containing ASP control
> tags.

> > > Thus eliminating a tremendously simple and useful solution of the post
> > > forward.

> > > There is also this thinking that you can do it the ASP way or the
> ASP.NET
> > > way.

> > > POSTBACK PURISTS and ELITIST.....ah la MVP's are going to make your
life
> > > harder and make your do TIME CONSUMING workarounds that offset the
Time
> > > Saving ASP controls

> > > Dear Microsoft, please don't give into these PostBack Purists and
> Elitists
> > > that will only make programming harder in both the short term and the
> long
> > > term....



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 10:58:01 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome
PEOPLE!

Do NOT reply to this idiot anymore. Enough is enough.

If you ignore him, he will go away.

RMD



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 14:22:04 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome
I've being using POSTBACK for quite some time now... aid Guess
what.... I dont even remember hos postfoward is soposed to do anymore.
I just don need it. period.

If one of these days I need it, I will warn you :))
Joao.Cardoso
=============================================
[LusoCoders]- Portuguese Coders

=============================================



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 18:33:19 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome
Hmmm......

Certain ASP controls do work without the need to placed
 inside a form tag with runat=server.

unfortunately it's not the ones I was really hoping for.

ASP Web Forms don't seem to work  :-(

HOWEVER.......ASP:Label seems to work and a few others as well....

I will need to research this more......


Quote:
> I've being using POSTBACK for quite some time now... aid Guess
> what.... I dont even remember hos postfoward is soposed to do anymore.
> I just don need it. period.

> If one of these days I need it, I will warn you :))
> Joao.Cardoso
> =============================================
> [LusoCoders]- Portuguese Coders

> =============================================



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 21:51:15 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome
Post your findings here.

Joao.Cardoso
=============================================
[LusoCoders]- Portuguese Coders

=============================================



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:55:37 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome
you haven't even done proper research on this...
once again:

the two words ignorant and bastard come to mind...

oh and for reference:

ignorant (gnr-nt)
adj.
  1.. Lacking education or knowledge.
  2.. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant
mistake.
  3.. Unaware or uninformed.
bastard (bstrd)
n.
  1.. A child born out of wedlock.
  2.. Something that is of irregular, inferior, or dubious origin.
  3.. Slang. A person, especially one who is held to be mean or
disagreeable.

adj.
  1.. Born of unwed parents; illegitimate.
  2.. Not genuine; spurious: a bastard style of architecture.
  3.. Resembling a known kind or species but not truly such.

- brandon


Quote:
> Hmmm......

> Certain ASP controls do work without the need to placed
>  inside a form tag with runat=server.

> unfortunately it's not the ones I was really hoping for.

> ASP Web Forms don't seem to work  :-(

> HOWEVER.......ASP:Label seems to work and a few others as well....

> I will need to research this more......



> > I've being using POSTBACK for quite some time now... aid Guess
> > what.... I dont even remember hos postfoward is soposed to do anymore.
> > I just don need it. period.

> > If one of these days I need it, I will warn you :))
> > Joao.Cardoso
> > =============================================
> > [LusoCoders]- Portuguese Coders

> > =============================================



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:20:26 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome

Quote:
>the two words ignorant and bastard come to mind...

Hey... will this {*filter*}ever end?

If you have any problems with anyone on the groups just IGNORE or deal
with him/she in private email.

This is a programmers group yet I believe...  or not? So deal with
your personal issues by private email or just ignore.

Answering on a rude manner is asking for a rude answer.

Lighten up you guys. There is nothing we can gain from this enchange
of insults

Joao.Cardoso
=============================================
[LusoCoders]- Portuguese Coders

=============================================



Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:44:18 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome
dang...now i feel bad...
i tried to stay out of it...but i guess that i just couldn't help myself...

- brandon


Quote:
> >the two words ignorant and bastard come to mind...

> Hey... will this {*filter*}ever end?

> If you have any problems with anyone on the groups just IGNORE or deal
> with him/she in private email.

> This is a programmers group yet I believe...  or not? So deal with
> your personal issues by private email or just ignore.

> Answering on a rude manner is asking for a rude answer.

> Lighten up you guys. There is nothing we can gain from this enchange
> of insults

> Joao.Cardoso
> =============================================
> [LusoCoders]- Portuguese Coders

> =============================================



Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:25:33 GMT  
 The POSTBACK PURIST / Elitist Syndrome
Just let this guy rant all by himself...responding only fuels his stupidity.


Quote:
> dang...now i feel bad...
> i tried to stay out of it...but i guess that i just couldn't help
myself...

> - brandon



> > >the two words ignorant and bastard come to mind...

> > Hey... will this {*filter*}ever end?

> > If you have any problems with anyone on the groups just IGNORE or deal
> > with him/she in private email.

> > This is a programmers group yet I believe...  or not? So deal with
> > your personal issues by private email or just ignore.

> > Answering on a rude manner is asking for a rude answer.

> > Lighten up you guys. There is nothing we can gain from this enchange
> > of insults

> > Joao.Cardoso
> > =============================================
> > [LusoCoders]- Portuguese Coders

> > =============================================



Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:27:50 GMT  
 
 [ 25 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages 

1. down syndrome children playing sports

2. Unlucky 13 syndrome on Turbo C fread/fwrite

3. PostBack and Scroll Position...

4. desperate: multiple postbacks break codebehinds

5. Disable postback on textbox

6. class library disappears on postback?

7. PostBack and Scroll Position...

8. Postback programmatically

9. Postback data for a listbox

10. Postback Data Handler

11. Keeping objects after postbacks (serializing?)

12. wits end w/ postbacks on cal's & trees

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software