anonymous methods
Author Message
 anonymous methods

I saw from the Zdnet Article:

That release of Visual C# will include four new features: support for
"generics," which is a form of a C++ template that can help C# developers
build software more quickly; support for "iterators," which help developers
create new code; anonymous methods, which ease development of what's known
as "event-driven" code; and support for "partial types," which make it
easier to use C# for building large projects.

What are anonymous methods?  Kinda like Java's Annonymous Inner classes, yet
only a method?
For example:

Button.onClick ( void doSomething( int param ) {
// do stuff

Quote:
});

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:17:13 GMT
 anonymous methods
Hepjedi,

    Yes, you are right.  Basically it is just like Java's Anonymous Inner
classes, where you can define an implementation right there in the code
where you add the delegate.  It has access to the containing instances
fields/members, etc, etc as well.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Quote:
> I saw from the Zdnet Article:

> That release of Visual C# will include four new features: support for
> "generics," which is a form of a C++ template that can help C# developers
> build software more quickly; support for "iterators," which help
developers
> create new code; anonymous methods, which ease development of what's known
> as "event-driven" code; and support for "partial types," which make it
> easier to use C# for building large projects.

> What are anonymous methods?  Kinda like Java's Annonymous Inner classes,
yet
> only a method?
> For example:

> Button.onClick ( void doSomething( int param ) {
> // do stuff
> });

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:30:55 GMT
 anonymous methods

Quote:

>  anonymous methods, which ease
> development of what's known as "event-driven" code; and support for
> "partial types," which make it easier to use C# for building large
> projects.

> What are anonymous methods?  Kinda like Java's Annonymous Inner
> classes, yet only a method?
> For example:

> Button.onClick ( void doSomething( int param ) {
> // do stuff
> });

Hey, I asked about something like this almost a year ago:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&th=49e54ef27fd75f2...
=ewthHsZgBHA.2452%40tkmsftngp03&frame=off

Maybe someone really is listening... :-D

--
Arild Fines

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 04:09:20 GMT
 anonymous methods

Quote:

> I saw from the Zdnet Article:

> That release of Visual C# will include four new features: support for
> "generics," which is a form of a C++ template that can help C#
> developers build software more quickly; support for "iterators,"
> which help developers create new code; anonymous methods, which ease
> development of what's known as "event-driven" code; and support for
> "partial types," which make it easier to use C# for building large
> projects.

> What are anonymous methods?  Kinda like Java's Annonymous Inner
> classes, yet only a method?
> For example:

> Button.onClick ( void doSomething( int param ) {
> // do stuff
> });

Hey, I asked about something like this almost a year ago:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&th=49e54ef27fd75f2...
=ewthHsZgBHA.2452%40tkmsftngp03&frame=off

Maybe someone really is listening... :-D

--
Arild Fines

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:38:59 GMT
 anonymous methods
For more info, look on http://www.csharp.net. The slides that Anders used
and a short FAQ is up there now, and there will more details in the next few
days.

--
Visit the C# product team at http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp

> I saw from the Zdnet Article:

> That release of Visual C# will include four new features: support for
> "generics," which is a form of a C++ template that can help C# developers
> build software more quickly; support for "iterators," which help
developers
> create new code; anonymous methods, which ease development of what's known
> as "event-driven" code; and support for "partial types," which make it
> easier to use C# for building large projects.

> What are anonymous methods?  Kinda like Java's Annonymous Inner classes,
yet
> only a method?
> For example:

> Button.onClick ( void doSomething( int param ) {
> // do stuff
> });

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:03:46 GMT
 anonymous methods
Eric,

Quote:
>For more info, look on http://www.csharp.net.

I get a 404 on the Demo Files link. :(

Mattias

===
Mattias Sj?gren [MVP]

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:51:10 GMT

1. Anonymous object ??

2. Anonymous union in VC++ 7

3. about "anonymous union" problem

4. anonymous struct

5. anonymous functions in c

6. A Jazzy NULL, and ctors for Anonymous Classes

7. Anonymous sub-structures and GCC

8. tricky casting question with anonymous structs

9. anonymous structs and unions : legal?

10. dereferencing anonymous pointers

11. Anonymous unions

12. Anonymous unions in C with gcc?