COM and .NET
Author Message
 COM and .NET

From: Dj Neutron DNB

I trying to work with this example from cshrp.net the link is:
        http://www.*-*-*.com/

iam up to the point where trying to install the assembly in the global
assembly cache (GAC) and registered for use from COM.
using this command im getting this error:

c:\compsci335\test>gacutil /i simpleserver.dll

Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility. Version 1.0.3705.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2001. All rights reserved.

Failure adding assembly to the cache:   The system cannot find the file
specifie
d.
i have done all previous step where i created the dll of the c sharp
program and the tlb of the dll but i have the problem above

does anybody know what exactly is happening here?

From: Federico Raggi

I followed the example at the url you provide and I think
you have two problems here:

1) The nane of the dll is Server.dll NOT simpleserver.dll
2) If you want to publish the assembly to the GAC with
gacutil, you need to strong name it first using SN.
From: Dj Neutron DNB

what do u mean by a strong name that's what the compiler asks me when i
try to compile with the name Server.dll?

any ideas ?

Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:28:29 GMT

1. com and com+ in .net

2. .NET: COM vs NET

3. com and com+ in .net

4. COM Or .NET?

5. com+ and .net

6. QDotNet.com - new .NET resource launched

7. migration from COM to .NET

8. COM and .NET Which one in better

9. Observation of idiosyncrasy when using Interfaces with both COM and .NET

10. Relationship between COM and .NET?

11. Relationship between COM and .NET?

12. COM/VC++ .NET problem