Help, Drop down button errors out
Author Message
 Help, Drop down button errors out

It seems my drop down control has stopped working. Dragging it anywhere on
the form, or double-clicking the control in the toolbox produces the same
error. I don't know how to fix it. Somebody please help. I've re-added the
server side drop down control to the tool box menu but still no joy. I will
sit patiently here waiting on an answer.

Control 'DropDownList1' of type 'DropDownList' must be placed inside a form
tag with runat=server.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Control 'DropDownList1' of type
'DropDownList' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Control 'DropDownList1' of type 'DropDownList'
must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server.]
   System.Web.UI.Page.VerifyRenderingInServerForm(Control control)

System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.AddAttributesToRender(HtmlTextWriter
writer)
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriter
writer)
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 00:25:16 GMT
 Help, Drop down button errors out
I've figured out a work around by playing with the html code. I think this
is being caused by the unsupported web treeview control.

Quote:
> It seems my drop down control has stopped working. Dragging it anywhere on
> the form, or double-clicking the control in the toolbox produces the same
> error. I don't know how to fix it. Somebody please help. I've re-added the
> server side drop down control to the tool box menu but still no joy. I
will
> sit patiently here waiting on an answer.

> Control 'DropDownList1' of type 'DropDownList' must be placed inside a
form
> tag with runat=server.

> Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Control 'DropDownList1' of
type
> 'DropDownList' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server.

> Source Error:

>       An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the
> current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the

> Stack Trace:

> [HttpException (0x80004005): Control 'DropDownList1' of type
'DropDownList'
> must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server.]
>    System.Web.UI.Page.VerifyRenderingInServerForm(Control control)

System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.AddAttributesToRender(HtmlTextWriter

> writer)
>    System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriter
> writer)
>    System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
>    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
>    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
>    System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
>    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
>    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 01:32:25 GMT
 Help, Drop down button errors out

I would still appreciate some help on this. Drop downs are now failing in
projects built from scratch.

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 05:46:19 GMT

1. Drop down list on the save button of the filesavedialoguebox

2. Drop-down buttons on Toolbar Control in IE Add-in

3. Owner drawn button with drop-down menu

4. CToolBar's drop-down buttons

5. How do I create Drop Down Buttons!

6. Adding a drop down button to toolbar

7. Help - Cant get CComboBox to drop down

8. HELP! How do you make a drop-down combo drop down further than the default??

9. HELP: CButton right mouse button down function

10. Last Item in DataTable not bound to Drop Down List

11. Drop down list

12. drop down toolbarbutton