Register .NET DLL
Author Message
 Register .NET DLL

How do I register a .NET DLL

I have a .NET DLL which I run from Excel and it works fine on the development machine, but how do I register on a machine that has only the .NET runtime?

I registered the filename.TLB file wich allowed me to add reference to the DLL in Excel, but when I try to call a method from the Excel I get
Runtime Error 429
ActiveX component can't create object.

Thanks

--
Peter

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 03:34:01 GMT
 Register .NET DLL
Peter,

    You can do one of two things.  The first would be to place the assembly
in the same directory as the type library.  The .NET runtime is looking for
the assembly, and probably can not find it.

    Or, if you want, you can place the assembly in the GAC.  This way, the
runtime will ALWAYS find it.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

How do I register a .NET DLL

I have a .NET DLL which I run from Excel and it works fine on the
development machine, but how do I register on a machine that has only the
.NET runtime?

I registered the filename.TLB file wich allowed me to add reference to the
DLL in Excel, but when I try to call a method from the Excel I get
Runtime Error 429
ActiveX component can't create object.

Thanks

--
Peter

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 03:38:21 GMT
 Register .NET DLL

Regasm.exe from the .NET runtime

  How do I register a .NET DLL

  I have a .NET DLL which I run from Excel and it works fine on the development machine, but how do I register on a machine that has only the .NET runtime?

  I registered the filename.TLB file wich allowed me to add reference to the DLL in Excel, but when I try to call a method from the Excel I get
  Runtime Error 429
  ActiveX component can't create object.

  Thanks

  --
  Peter

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 04:02:28 GMT
 Register .NET DLL

Thanks for your help

After running Regasm.exe I get the following error

No server registered or could not load class for CLSID.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

The (.NET) DLL that I am trying to run from Excel is trying to access a web service.

Thanks

Peter

  Regasm.exe from the .NET runtime

    How do I register a .NET DLL

    I have a .NET DLL which I run from Excel and it works fine on the development machine, but how do I register on a machine that has only the .NET runtime?

    I registered the filename.TLB file wich allowed me to add reference to the DLL in Excel, but when I try to call a method from the Excel I get
    Runtime Error 429
    ActiveX component can't create object.

    Thanks

    --
    Peter

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 04:26:08 GMT
 Register .NET DLL

You'll need to make sure that any assemblies that depends on are accessible on the machine.

You may need to install this assembly in the GAC - possibly also assemblies that it depends on.

--
MikeB

[...]

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 05:17:05 GMT

1. Making and registering a dll in C++.NET

2. how to use regsvr32 to register a .NET dll

3. DLL register under WINCE.NET

4. ATL component written in VC.NET 2002 won't register on non .NET machine

5. ATL component written in VC.NET 2002 won't register on non .NET machine

6. calling from non-net C++ DLL to .net DLL and back

7. How register VC++ .net standard 2003

8. .NET project locking/loading DLL created by other .NET project

9. HOW TO REGISTER A .net WINDOWS SERVICE?

10. .NET project locking/loading DLL created by other .NET project

11. Registering an MFC ActiveX control made with VC.NET fails

12. How to register a COM object under CE.Net