Howto access TVITEM struct from TreeNode handle?
Author Message
 Howto access TVITEM struct from TreeNode handle?

hello world,

i would like to do some "low-level manipulation" on a TreeNode from C#
(setting of LPSTR_TEXTCALLBACK in the TVITEM struct as documented for C++).

Is this TVITEM struct somehow accessible from my C# TreeNode.Handle? Or
would i have to setup the whole TreeNode as a TVITEM and add to the Tree
through a WindowsAPI.SendMessage()?

tyia

.Timo

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:47:33 GMT
 Howto access TVITEM struct from TreeNode handle?
Timo,

    Unfortunately, no, you will have to do as you said and define the TVITEM
structure as well as make the call to SendMessage to set/get the contents of
the structure.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> hello world,

> i would like to do some "low-level manipulation" on a TreeNode from C#
> (setting of LPSTR_TEXTCALLBACK in the TVITEM struct as documented for
C++).

> Is this TVITEM struct somehow accessible from my C# TreeNode.Handle? Or
> would i have to setup the whole TreeNode as a TVITEM and add to the Tree
> through a WindowsAPI.SendMessage()?

> tyia

> .Timo

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:56:58 GMT

1. Accessing the .Tag object associated with a treenode

2. Function in struct accessing structs members

3. Q: howto prevent struct padding

4. Upgrading handle with read access to read/write access

5. Upgrading handle with read access to read/write access

6. HOWTO: Handle the Closed event in a C# UserControl

7. HOWTO : Insert a property which handles embedded NULL chars in an ACTIVEX generated with VC++ 6.0

8. HOWTO: Get the ProcessID from a Process Handle

9. HowTo get the Handle of the current Window

10. howto handle arrays as class members

11. HOWTO: Receiving a window-handle to a dialog's titlebar

12. Handling key events within views: howto?