Toolbar OnPaint does not fire?
Author Message
 Toolbar OnPaint does not fire?

I am trying to change the appearance of the toolbar, but OnPaint doesn't
fire. so what am I missing?
and of course ToolBarButton inherits Component not Control so it doesn't
even have OnPaint all together. so anyone had any luck changing the
appearance of the toolbar?

fadi

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 05:15:18 GMT
 Toolbar OnPaint does not fire?
Fadi,

    Are you extending the Toolbar class and overriding the OnPaint method,
or are you trying to register a method of another class with the Paint
event?

    Also, I am not surprized that there isn't a Paint event on the button.
I would think that the toolbar handles all of the drawing based on item
information contained on the ToolbarButton objects themselves.

--
                              - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> I am trying to change the appearance of the toolbar, but OnPaint doesn't
> fire. so what am I missing?
> and of course ToolBarButton inherits Component not Control so it doesn't
> even have OnPaint all together. so anyone had any luck changing the
> appearance of the toolbar?

> fadi

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:39:06 GMT
 Toolbar OnPaint does not fire?
Nicholas,

I tried few things, first I attempted to inherit the Toolbar class and
override OnPaint, and that did not work (never fired). Then I simply tried
to access the Toolbar_Paint event itself and that did not fire either.
I can understand the toolbar is doing the drawing of its buttons, but I
would have thought they would implement it in a similar way to that of the
menu or listbox controls.

fadi

Quote:
> Fadi,

>     Are you extending the Toolbar class and overriding the OnPaint method,
> or are you trying to register a method of another class with the Paint
> event?

>     Also, I am not surprized that there isn't a Paint event on the button.
> I would think that the toolbar handles all of the drawing based on item
> information contained on the ToolbarButton objects themselves.

> --
>                               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

> > I am trying to change the appearance of the toolbar, but OnPaint doesn't
> > fire. so what am I missing?
> > and of course ToolBarButton inherits Component not Control so it doesn't
> > even have OnPaint all together. so anyone had any luck changing the
> > appearance of the toolbar?

> > fadi

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:50:10 GMT

1. OnPaint fires endlessly

2. So when is OnPaint or object_Paint fires?

3. ImageButton Click Event Handler Not Getting Fired, why not

4. OnPaint: Why does this code not work???

5. OnPaint event not being triggered

6. c# drop event not firing

7. SQLMERGXLib status event handler not firing

8. Form.Activated not firing

9. dynamically created event not firing

10. ControlBox click event not firing

11. Datalist ItemCommand not fired