Serial communication
Author Message
 Serial communication

Is there a new fancy way to program serial communications with .NET,
or should I use the old faithful MSCOMM32 ??

risto

Sat, 28 May 2005 20:36:40 GMT
 Serial communication
Hello Risto,

There are several ways to use serial port in .NET Framework:

1.      Use the Win32 API via PInvoke

You may get a sample code from the link below:
http://www.gotdotnet.com/userarea/keywordsrch.aspx?keyword=SerialStream

3.      Use the COMM ActiveX control

To use the COMM ActiveX control in your application, please follow these
steps:

a.      Right click the Tool Box and select Customize Toolbox
b.      Select the COM Components Tab
c.      Find the Microsoft Communications Control and check it
d.      Click the OK button and drop the control to your form

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Lion Shi [MSFT]
MCSE, MCSD
Microsoft Support Engineer

You assume all risk for your use.  2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
--------------------

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.CSharp
    Subject: Serial communication
    Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:36:40 +0200

12:36:43 GMT)

    Is there a new fancy way to program serial communications with .NET,
    or should I use the old faithful MSCOMM32 ??

    risto

Mon, 30 May 2005 21:49:58 GMT
 Serial communication
Current .Net framework doesn't provide any implementation for serial
communication, before going for using MSCOMM32 or implementing your own
implementation I would recommend you to go through the MSDN magazine's
october issue, it contain a very good article on serial communication
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/10/NETSerialComm/default....

purposes only.

> Is there a new fancy way to program serial communications with .NET,
> or should I use the old faithful MSCOMM32 ??

> risto

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 05:38:04 GMT
 Serial communication
Thank You Adarsh!

That was just what I needed.

risto

Quote:
> Current .Net framework doesn't provide any implementation for serial
> communication, before going for using MSCOMM32 or implementing your own
> implementation I would recommend you to go through the MSDN magazine's
> october issue, it contain a very good article on serial communication
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/10/NETSerialComm/default....

> --
> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup
> purposes only.
rights.

> > Is there a new fancy way to program serial communications with .NET,
> > or should I use the old faithful MSCOMM32 ??

> > risto

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 03:12:01 GMT

1. Serial Communication with C#

2. Serial Communications