Licensing errors when trying to add controls to a form
Author Message
 Licensing errors when trying to add controls to a form

I have a component DLL I made, Nate.dll. I have all the correct and
appropriate .lic files in the same directory as my executable output for the
project using Nate.dll. When I try to add a control from Nate.dll to my
form, I get this error:

An exception occured when trying to create an instance of Nate.Gradient. The
exception was "An instance of type 'Nate.Gradient' was being created, and a
valid license could not be granted for the type 'Nate.Gradient'. Please
contact the manufacturer of the component for more information.".

All the .lic files are in the output folder! Why is this error occuring?
What can I do to fix it? Microsoft MVPs.....help!

Nate

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:19:59 GMT
 Licensing errors when trying to add controls to a form
Note that the assembly name is Nate.dll, and the .lic file is
Nate.Graphics.lic, which contains:

Nate.Graphics is a licensed component.

Quote:
> I have a component DLL I made, Nate.dll. I have all the correct and
> appropriate .lic files in the same directory as my executable output for
the
> project using Nate.dll. When I try to add a control from Nate.dll to my
> form, I get this error:

> An exception occured when trying to create an instance of Nate.Gradient.
The
> exception was "An instance of type 'Nate.Gradient' was being created, and
> valid license could not be granted for the type 'Nate.Gradient'. Please
> contact the manufacturer of the component for more information.".

> All the .lic files are in the output folder! Why is this error occuring?
> What can I do to fix it? Microsoft MVPs.....help!

> Nate

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:28:12 GMT

1. How to add license check to ATL control ?

2. Licensing of embedded controls that require a run-time license

3. Error when trying to add a database diagram

4. Error trying to Add Web Reference

5. Adding a Control to a Web Form

6. Adding Timer Control to Windows Form???????

7. Can not add a custom .NET control on the form in design-time

8. Adding controls(mainly buttons) to SDI main form!?!

9. Unable to add custom C# control to a form - Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019

10. Please Help - Adding Controls to a form from a child thread

11. Error when trying to register a control

12. Error trying to access....got cut again, trying one more time