Windows 32 API calls - Printers -
Author Message
 Windows 32 API calls - Printers -

Looking in for Win 32 API calls "AddPrinter", "AddPrinterDriver",
"EnumPrinters" etc. in .NET Framework-Library.
Any Ideas? Witch namespace I have to use? What are the new names for this
function above?

Thank you for any help or comments.

Micha

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:59:01 GMT
 Windows 32 API calls - Printers -
Your question looks like simple API call.
Already tremendous answers, including mine, in this
newsgroup
Search "api", from subject line or search "hp4444" from
from line
Quote:

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:29:29 GMT
 Windows 32 API calls - Printers -
Michael,

The only built in support for printers AFAIK is in System.Drawing.Printing.
However, this is not really for discovery/control of printers on the system,
but rather just the ability for an application to be able to print.

That said your best bet is probably to map the Win32 APIs and structs via
P/Invoke.

HTH,
Drew
.NET MVP

Quote:
> Looking in for Win 32 API calls "AddPrinter", "AddPrinterDriver",
> "EnumPrinters" etc. in .NET Framework-Library.
> Any Ideas? Witch namespace I have to use? What are the new names for this
> function above?

> Thank you for any help or comments.

> Micha

Sat, 13 Mar 2004 09:04:52 GMT