How to set XML Web Service time out
Author Message
 How to set XML Web Service time out

I have a method in a web service, which may take 5 minutes to run. Please
help me to set the time out. Thank you.

Mike

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 10:23:58 GMT
 How to set XML Web Service time out
Hi Mike,

The WebClientProtocol.Timeout property can indicates the time to wait for a
sync from the service provider.

HTH.

--
Best Regards,

Rick Zhuang
------

> I have a method in a web service, which may take 5 minutes to run. Please
> help me to set the time out. Thank you.

> Mike

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:24:51 GMT
 How to set XML Web Service time out
Yes, I know how to set the Timout property of a client. I want to know how
to set this property of the server side.

Thank you

Mike

Quote:
> Hi Mike,

> The WebClientProtocol.Timeout property can indicates the time to wait for
> sync from the service provider.

> HTH.

> --
> Best Regards,

> Rick Zhuang
> ------
rights.

> > I have a method in a web service, which may take 5 minutes to run.
Please
> > help me to set the time out. Thank you.

> > Mike

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 19:26:06 GMT
 How to set XML Web Service time out
I have a method in a web service, which may take 5 minutes to run. I know
how to set the time out property of the client program which will call this
method, but I have no idea how to set the time out property of this web
service. Please help me to set the time out. Thank you.

Mike

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 21:31:32 GMT
 How to set XML Web Service time out

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to set XML Web Service time out
Alexander,

It seems that the XML Web Service time out is decided by the configuration
of the server. The default value is about 100 seconds. I want to change the
default value of a single XML Web Service Method to a value like 1000
seconds.

Thank you

Mike

Quote:
> What types of operations will the web service contain? If you're iterating
> through a sequence of database queries, for instance, you could set the
> value of the current time to a variable outside of the loop, and upon each
> iteration check to see if 5 minutes have passed. If so, you could
gracefully
> exit.

> If you're calling a single function that could take upwards of five
minutes,
> then you would need to load your logic into another class, launch that as
an
> independent thread, and run a timer and the thread synchronously.

> Either way, you're going to want to gracefully shutdown (I would imagine)
> should you hit the timeout, so hopefully you have access to the code
that's
> being called from this web service.

> Regards,
> Alexander Clark

> > I have a method in a web service, which may take 5 minutes to run. I
know
> > how to set the time out property of the client program which will call
> this
> > method, but I have no idea how to set the time out property of this web
> > service. Please help me to set the time out. Thank you.

> > Mike

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 19:30:08 GMT

1. Hidden properties and methods in inherited classes over XML Web services

2. XML Web Service client using C++ - A problem

3. Formatting xml web service response via http

4. event callback using XML Web Service

5. Customization of the XML parsing in a web service

6. Fedex Tracking Info Web Service - XML problem

7. Visual C++ Web Service & ASP Web Controls

8. Output types for web methods in c# web service

9. Deploying web applications with a web service

10. Namespace Conflict - c# Class Library used by Web Service and ASP.NET Web App

11. ATL Server - Web Application/Web Service

12. Web Service with existing web server