Custom UserControl enum type cannot be seen by designer
Author Message
 Custom UserControl enum type cannot be seen by designer

Hello,

I make my own textbox. It is my code.

 public class EXTextBox : TextBox
 {
  public enum ValueType
  {
   Integer = 0,
   Decimal = 1,
   Text = 2
  }

}

In the designer, I can see the property ValueType in the property grid, and
set the value. It is all fine. But after switching design view several
times, the Task List shows "The variable 'ValueType' is either undeclared or
was never assigned." Then reset ValueType property value. Remember runtime
has no problem, just design time has this problem. I have tried to mark enum
attribute as [Serializable] but it doesn't help. Can anyone help solve my
problem?

Thanks.

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 01:16:53 GMT
 Custom UserControl enum type cannot be seen by designer
Hi

public enum ValueType{Integer = 0, Decimal = 1, Text = 2}
public ValueType myValue = 0;
public ValueType MyValue
{
    get
    {
        return myValue;
    }
    set
    {
        this.myValue = value
    }

Quote:
}

I hope it helps.

Thomas

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 05:39:09 GMT

1. BUG?: Cannot use designer for UserControl in nested namespace

2. UserControl Viewer/Designer

3. Designer & generated code of UserControl

4. Why am I seeing such a delay between my catch block and my finally block

5. UserControl - Cannot instantiate in IE

6. MessengerAPI type library - IDispatch enum type problem

7. Layout of Custom System.Web.UI.UserControl Objects added to parent

8. Fill Custom Usercontrol property with object list

9. Visual Inheritance Designer cannot load class Error

10. Custom Control (UserControl) Trouble - Solved!

11. ASP.NET user control custom designer question

12. Object type cannot be converted to target type