.NET IS FINAL!!!
Author Message
 .NET IS FINAL!!!

From Sara Williams in DOTNET Discussion:

Wahoo!  Yippee!  Woohoo!

I'm thrilled to let you know that we've just posted FINAL bits of the
.NET Framework (SDK and redist) on MSDN.   Stay tuned for more...

Here are the relevant links:

.NET Framework SDK
http://www.*-*-*.com/
p?url=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

.NET Framework redist
http://www.*-*-*.com/
p?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

I can't begin to thank this group enough for all the support, great
feedback, and cheering that you've given us along the way.  We couldn't
have done it without you!

-Sara

You can read messages from the DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from DOTNET, or
subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://www.*-*-*.com/ .

--

Josh Mitts
Microsoft .NET MVP (.NET Framework, C#, .NET CF/SDE)

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 08:51:32 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!
Now isn't that a sight for sore eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!

Quote:
> From Sara Williams in DOTNET Discussion:

> Wahoo!  Yippee!  Woohoo!

> I'm thrilled to let you know that we've just posted FINAL bits of the
> .NET Framework (SDK and redist) on MSDN.   Stay tuned for more...

> Here are the relevant links:

> .NET Framework SDK
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
> p?url=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> .NET Framework redist
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
> p?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> I can't begin to thank this group enough for all the support, great
> feedback, and cheering that you've given us along the way.  We couldn't
> have done it without you!

> -Sara

> You can read messages from the DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from DOTNET, or
> subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.

> --

> Josh Mitts
> Microsoft .NET MVP (.NET Framework, C#, .NET CF/SDE)
> http://www.joshmitts.com

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:03:41 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!
Can the RC1 Framework be uninstalled and just install the framework, leaving
the RC1 tools(Visual Studio), or will the tools be released soon(tomorrow)?

Or can we really run two versions of the SDK.

Joe

Quote:
> From Sara Williams in DOTNET Discussion:

> Wahoo!  Yippee!  Woohoo!

> I'm thrilled to let you know that we've just posted FINAL bits of the
> .NET Framework (SDK and redist) on MSDN.   Stay tuned for more...

> Here are the relevant links:

> .NET Framework SDK
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
> p?url=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> .NET Framework redist
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
> p?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> I can't begin to thank this group enough for all the support, great
> feedback, and cheering that you've given us along the way.  We couldn't
> have done it without you!

> -Sara

> You can read messages from the DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from DOTNET, or
> subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.

> --

> Josh Mitts
> Microsoft .NET MVP (.NET Framework, C#, .NET CF/SDE)
> http://www.joshmitts.com

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:13:45 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!
Josh!  I was all e{*filter*}d for a moment...until I read on
the SDK download page -

Note   If you have already installed Microsoft? Visual
Studio? .NET, you do not need to install the .NET
Framework SDK separately. Visual Studio .NET includes the
SDK.

Are these the final bits of the framework?  Hope it's not
the same bits that installed with Beta 2 or RC 1.

What's the real deal?

Quote:

url=/downloads/sample.as
Quote:
>p?url=/msdn-

files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true
Quote:

>..NET Framework redist
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

url=/downloads/sample.as
Quote:
>p?url=/MSDN-

FILES/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true
Quote:

>I can't begin to thank this group enough for all the
support, great
>feedback, and cheering that you've given us along the
way.  We couldn't
>have done it without you!

>-Sara

>You can read messages from the DOTNET archive,

unsubscribe from DOTNET, or
Quote:
>subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at

http://www.*-*-*.com/ .
Quote:

>--

>Josh Mitts
>Microsoft .NET MVP (.NET Framework, C#, .NET CF/SDE)
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

>.

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:13:33 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!

Quote:
> Can the RC1 Framework be uninstalled and just install the framework,
leaving
> the RC1 tools(Visual Studio), or will the tools be released

soon(tomorrow)?

VS.NET is up on MSDN too.

Quote:
> Or can we really run two versions of the SDK.

I would like answer to this too....

Kunle

Quote:

> Joe

> > From Sara Williams in DOTNET Discussion:

> > Wahoo!  Yippee!  Woohoo!

> > I'm thrilled to let you know that we've just posted FINAL bits of the
> > .NET Framework (SDK and redist) on MSDN.   Stay tuned for more...

> > Here are the relevant links:

> > .NET Framework SDK
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
> > p?url=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> > .NET Framework redist
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
> > p?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> > I can't begin to thank this group enough for all the support, great
> > feedback, and cheering that you've given us along the way.  We couldn't
> > have done it without you!

> > -Sara

> > You can read messages from the DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from DOTNET,
or
> > subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.

> > --

> > Josh Mitts
> > Microsoft .NET MVP (.NET Framework, C#, .NET CF/SDE)
> > http://www.joshmitts.com

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:19:58 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!
Good question, I was wondering the same thing about Beta 2!

Greg

Quote:
> Can the RC1 Framework be uninstalled and just install the framework,
leaving
> the RC1 tools(Visual Studio), or will the tools be released
soon(tomorrow)?

> Or can we really run two versions of the SDK.

> Joe

> > From Sara Williams in DOTNET Discussion:

> > Wahoo!  Yippee!  Woohoo!

> > I'm thrilled to let you know that we've just posted FINAL bits of the
> > .NET Framework (SDK and redist) on MSDN.   Stay tuned for more...

> > Here are the relevant links:

> > .NET Framework SDK
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
> > p?url=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> > .NET Framework redist
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
> > p?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> > I can't begin to thank this group enough for all the support, great
> > feedback, and cheering that you've given us along the way.  We couldn't
> > have done it without you!

> > -Sara

> > You can read messages from the DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from DOTNET,
or
> > subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.

> > --

> > Josh Mitts
> > Microsoft .NET MVP (.NET Framework, C#, .NET CF/SDE)
> > http://www.joshmitts.com

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:19:05 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!
You can download Visual Studio .NET from MSDN Subscriber Downloads right
now!

-- Josh

Quote:

> > Can the RC1 Framework be uninstalled and just install the framework,
> leaving
> > the RC1 tools(Visual Studio), or will the tools be released
> soon(tomorrow)?

> VS.NET is up on MSDN too.

> > Or can we really run two versions of the SDK.

> I would like answer to this too....

> Kunle

> > Joe

> > > From Sara Williams in DOTNET Discussion:

> > > Wahoo!  Yippee!  Woohoo!

> > > I'm thrilled to let you know that we've just posted FINAL bits of the
> > > .NET Framework (SDK and redist) on MSDN.   Stay tuned for more...

> > > Here are the relevant links:

> > > .NET Framework SDK

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
Quote:
> > > p?url=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> > > .NET Framework redist

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as

> > > p?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> > > I can't begin to thank this group enough for all the support, great
> > > feedback, and cheering that you've given us along the way.  We
couldn't
> > > have done it without you!

> > > -Sara

> > > You can read messages from the DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from
DOTNET,
> or
> > > subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.

> > > --

> > > Josh Mitts
> > > Microsoft .NET MVP (.NET Framework, C#, .NET CF/SDE)
> > > http://www.joshmitts.com

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:24:27 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!
Hey Greg,

VS .NET Final is live on MSDN!

-- Josh

Quote:
> Good question, I was wondering the same thing about Beta 2!

> Greg

> > Can the RC1 Framework be uninstalled and just install the framework,
> leaving
> > the RC1 tools(Visual Studio), or will the tools be released
> soon(tomorrow)?

> > Or can we really run two versions of the SDK.

> > Joe

> > > From Sara Williams in DOTNET Discussion:

> > > Wahoo!  Yippee!  Woohoo!

> > > I'm thrilled to let you know that we've just posted FINAL bits of the
> > > .NET Framework (SDK and redist) on MSDN.   Stay tuned for more...

> > > Here are the relevant links:

> > > .NET Framework SDK

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
Quote:
> > > p?url=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> > > .NET Framework redist

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as

> > > p?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> > > I can't begin to thank this group enough for all the support, great
> > > feedback, and cheering that you've given us along the way.  We
couldn't
> > > have done it without you!

> > > -Sara

> > > You can read messages from the DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from
DOTNET,
> or
> > > subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.

> > > --

> > > Josh Mitts
> > > Microsoft .NET MVP (.NET Framework, C#, .NET CF/SDE)
> > > http://www.joshmitts.com

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:29:04 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!
By the way, just checked the release information page

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?xmlid=fh;EN-US;netframewk

Here is some good info:

a.. Uninstall any previous versions of the .NET Framework SDK. A file
listing the API changes from Beta 2 to the version 1 release, called
APIChangesBeta2toRTM.htm, is available for users of the Beta 2 release of
the SDK. This file is located here.
a.. Applications created with any previous version of either the .NET
Framework or Visual Studio .NET must be recompiled with this release.

And here is a link to the addendum:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndo...
ml/framewrkaddend.asp?frame=true

Quote:
> Can the RC1 Framework be uninstalled and just install the framework,
leaving
> the RC1 tools(Visual Studio), or will the tools be released
soon(tomorrow)?

> Or can we really run two versions of the SDK.

> Joe

> > From Sara Williams in DOTNET Discussion:

> > Wahoo!  Yippee!  Woohoo!

> > I'm thrilled to let you know that we've just posted FINAL bits of the
> > .NET Framework (SDK and redist) on MSDN.   Stay tuned for more...

> > Here are the relevant links:

> > .NET Framework SDK
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
> > p?url=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> > .NET Framework redist
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
> > p?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> > I can't begin to thank this group enough for all the support, great
> > feedback, and cheering that you've given us along the way.  We couldn't
> > have done it without you!

> > -Sara

> > You can read messages from the DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from DOTNET,
or
> > subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.

> > --

> > Josh Mitts
> > Microsoft .NET MVP (.NET Framework, C#, .NET CF/SDE)
> > http://www.joshmitts.com

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:22:32 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!

Quote:
> You can download Visual Studio .NET from MSDN Subscriber Downloads right
> now!

I know (it's in my message). My second query was in relation to side-by-side
install of multiple versions of the .NET SDK (and how to get VS.NET to use
the right one) as I have with the six versions of Java on my jBox and which
work fine with JBuiilder/TogetherJ.......

Kunle

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:37:15 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!
Thanks for the tip! In about 8 hours, I'll let you know how VS.NET Architect
runs : )
Can't wait to see the new features, although I must say, CRY was pretty rock
solid for us...

-Moe

Quote:
> You can download Visual Studio .NET from MSDN Subscriber Downloads right
> now!

> -- Josh

in

> > > Can the RC1 Framework be uninstalled and just install the framework,
> > leaving
> > > the RC1 tools(Visual Studio), or will the tools be released
> > soon(tomorrow)?

> > VS.NET is up on MSDN too.

> > > Or can we really run two versions of the SDK.

> > I would like answer to this too....

> > Kunle

> > > Joe

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as

> couldn't

> DOTNET,
> > or

http://discuss.develop.com.

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:42:24 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!
Hey Kunle,

You can't do it with Betas, but the support is there to do it with different
final versions I think.

-- Josh

Quote:

> > You can download Visual Studio .NET from MSDN Subscriber Downloads right
> > now!

> I know (it's in my message). My second query was in relation to
side-by-side
> install of multiple versions of the .NET SDK (and how to get VS.NET to use
> the right one) as I have with the six versions of Java on my jBox and
which
> work fine with JBuiilder/TogetherJ.......

> Kunle

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:40:35 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!
when i read the documentation link from
`http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample...
rl=/msdn-files/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml', i found the following
sentence: `Dotnetfx.exe has been localized into the following languages. You
can download the localized versions of Dotnetfx.exe from the Download
Center.', but i can not find the localized version. where are they? sorry
for my bad english, thanks for any response in advance.

Quote:
> From Sara Williams in DOTNET Discussion:

> Wahoo!  Yippee!  Woohoo!

> I'm thrilled to let you know that we've just posted FINAL bits of the
> .NET Framework (SDK and redist) on MSDN.   Stay tuned for more...

> Here are the relevant links:

> .NET Framework SDK
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
> p?url=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> .NET Framework redist
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.as
> p?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> I can't begin to thank this group enough for all the support, great
> feedback, and cheering that you've given us along the way.  We couldn't
> have done it without you!

> -Sara

> You can read messages from the DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from DOTNET, or
> subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.

> --

> Josh Mitts
> Microsoft .NET MVP (.NET Framework, C#, .NET CF/SDE)
> http://www.joshmitts.com

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 08:52:45 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!
Those are the final FX bits, and VS is on MSDN right now. Where's the
confusion?

-- Josh

Josh!  I was all e{*filter*}d for a moment...until I read on
the SDK download page -

Note   If you have already installed Microsoft? Visual
Studio? .NET, you do not need to install the .NET
Framework SDK separately. Visual Studio .NET includes the
SDK.

Are these the final bits of the framework?  Hope it's not
the same bits that installed with Beta 2 or RC 1.

What's the real deal?

Quote:

url=/downloads/sample.as
Quote:
>p?url=/msdn-

files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true
Quote:

>..NET Framework redist
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

url=/downloads/sample.as
Quote:
>p?url=/MSDN-

FILES/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true
Quote:

>I can't begin to thank this group enough for all the
support, great
>feedback, and cheering that you've given us along the
way.  We couldn't
>have done it without you!

>-Sara

>You can read messages from the DOTNET archive,

unsubscribe from DOTNET, or
Quote:
>subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at

http://www.*-*-*.com/ .
Quote:

>--

>Josh Mitts
>Microsoft .NET MVP (.NET Framework, C#, .NET CF/SDE)
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

>.

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:53:08 GMT
 .NET IS FINAL!!!
Now it's clear.  VS wasn't there (or at least I didn't see
it) an hour ago.  Now I understand the "if you've already
installed VS.NET.  Great.  Nice surprise for a Tuesday
night.
Quote:

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 10:14:54 GMT

 [ 25 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Changes in C# between VS.NET Beta and VS.NET Final versions

2. .NET Beta2 -> .NET Final Release problem

3. ANN: C#/.NET 3D Engine - Final Release

4. Possible C++ bug .NET 2003 Final Beta

5. VC++ .Net 2003 Final Beta Issue #2

6. optimizer bug in VC7.1 final beta Visual Studio .Net 2003

7. Treeview Problem (.net final release)

8. Great article on the changes to FINAL .Net

9. problems with playing AVI files under VS.NET final

10. Will January 15 be the final .NET-Day ?

11. Possible bug: MIDL properties missing in VS.NET 2003 Final Beta

12. .Net Final Release with Direct3D v8 (it works :-)