Sorting on double values.
Author Message
 Sorting on double values.

Hi All,
Is there any way to acheiev sorting a DataGrid/DataView/DataTable when the
column contains "double" values. I'm trying to use "Select" on DataTable,
the column tyep is declared tobe double but it sorts based on string
comparison.

Any help would be graetly appreciated.

Regards
Mrinal

Sun, 22 May 2005 14:10:21 GMT
 Sorting on double values.
If the columntype is a numeric type it should sort correctly, but if you
store numeric values in a varchar column for example, it will be an
alpahumeric sorting. I am not aware of any workarounds except either changin
the datatype to a true numeric type or performing the sorting yourself.

/Per Hultqvist

Quote:
> Hi All,
> Is there any way to acheiev sorting a DataGrid/DataView/DataTable when the
> column contains "double" values. I'm trying to use "Select" on DataTable,
> the column tyep is declared tobe double but it sorts based on string
> comparison.

> Any help would be graetly appreciated.

> Regards
> Mrinal

Sun, 22 May 2005 17:53:12 GMT

1. addition long values to long double value ?

2. Sorting a double linked list

3. Sorting Double Linked List in place

4. sorting a double link list

5. question about huge double value

6. Largest double value ...

7. Convert a string to a double value ?

8. SortedList sorted by value.

9. value of : (double) clock( ) / CLOCKS_PER_SEC

10. double not assigning value

11. Sorting multiple values at once.

12. Inconsistent intemediate values in double (egcs bug?)