using System.WinForms -- (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Author Message
 using System.WinForms -- (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I hope this is a simple and dumb question.  I am getting this error:

FindFiles.cs(10): The type or namespace name 'WinForms' does not exist in
the class or namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I see tons of code out there using this library but I can't find it when I
go to Project|add References anything to the likes of winforms.....????

Thanks

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 04:53:29 GMT
 using System.WinForms -- (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Go up to the top of your WinForm class
if you're using C# make sure
'using System.Windows.Forms;'
if you're in VB make sure
'Imports System.Windows.Forms' is there

that should solve it

Jason

Quote:
> I hope this is a simple and dumb question.  I am getting this error:

> FindFiles.cs(10): The type or namespace name 'WinForms' does not exist in
> the class or namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

> I see tons of code out there using this library but I can't find it when I
> go to Project|add References anything to the likes of winforms.....????

> Thanks

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 05:05:08 GMT
 using System.WinForms -- (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Quote:
> I hope this is a simple and dumb question.  I am getting this error:

> FindFiles.cs(10): The type or namespace name 'WinForms' does not exist in
> the class or namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

> I see tons of code out there using this library but I can't find it when I
> go to Project|add References anything to the likes of winforms.....????

That's beta 1 code.  In beta 2 it was changed to "System.Windows.Forms".
See:

http://www.123aspx.com/b1to2changes/

For lots of other namespace changes.

--
Patrick Steele
Microsoft .NET MVP

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 05:07:17 GMT

1. Insert Using ADO/VC++: What am I missing?

2. System.WinForms / System.Windows.Forms

3. Using the csc command without referencing any assemblies

4. obtain Assembly objects of referenced assemblies

5. using System.Reflection.Emit to modify static assembly

6. Using types in a different assembly given that the type may be used or not used

7. WTL vs System.WinForms?

8. could not find file system.winforms.dll

9. System.WinForms Namespace problem....

10. WinForms does not exist in the class or namespace System

11. System.winforms.Design ???

12. System.WinForms.Form Properties?