Howto convert DateTime to and from different time zones
Author Message
 Howto convert DateTime to and from different time zones

How can i convert DateTime structure between different time zones?
There are methods: DateTime.ToUniversalTime and DateTime.ToLocalTime
and they convert from and to UTC but they take computer time zone to
perform the conversion.
I need to be able to convert the DateTimes between specified time zones.
How to do this?

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:09:46 GMT
 Howto convert DateTime to and from different time zones
I think you have to code this yourself.
Windows only allows going from local time to GMT and visa versa.
You could always go from your local time to GMT and from there to another
timezone. The last part you have to code for yourself.
Maybe you can buy a component doing this for you.

Quote:
> How can i convert DateTime structure between different time zones?
> There are methods: DateTime.ToUniversalTime and DateTime.ToLocalTime
> and they convert from and to UTC but they take computer time zone to
> perform the conversion.
> I need to be able to convert the DateTimes between specified time zones.
> How to do this?

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 06:21:38 GMT

1. How to convert local time with specific time zone to UTC time in Win32 API

2. Dataset DateTime column value affected by time zone setting

3. How to convert local time to gmt using a local variable time zone per process/thread

4. Implications of date/timestamping Updates from different time zones

5. how to convert string in listbox with datetime format to Datetime datatype

6. set date/time/time zone dialog

7. Real time From Time Zone information

8. Howto get a file creation date that does not change by changing the local time or time zone

9. Different value when converting into different type

10. How do I convert DOS decimal to MVS zoned decimal

11. Obtain Time Zone

12. Getting time zone information?