Playing sound without calling Win32API?
Author Message
 Playing sound without calling Win32API?

Hi,

After Dx9 release, you can use Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.Audio
to play a sound without calling an API. You only need to reference the
Microsoft.DirectX.AudioViewPlayback and add two lines to your code:
     using Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback;

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Jun Su
Microsoft Support

---

--------------------

| Subject: Playing sound without calling Win32API?
| Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:48:19 +0700
|
| Hi everyone,
| I'm looking for a class in C# that helps playing sound in .wav format. I
saw
| some tutorials about playing sound in C#, they all called win32 function
| play.
| Thank a lot for any help!
| Regards

Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:59:55 GMT
 Playing sound without calling Win32API?
I would like to hear anything else about Dx9 from those who have used it.
Good? Bad? Ugly? Bugs? Sluggish?

I would like to take a look into it myself, so does anyone have any
warnings, etc.? It's Probably a bit OT for a C# newsgroup, but I would be
interested in hearing reviews at this point.

Thanks,
Ben

Quote:
> Hi,

> After Dx9 release, you can use Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.Audio
> to play a sound without calling an API. You only need to reference the
> Microsoft.DirectX.AudioViewPlayback and add two lines to your code:
>      using Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback;

> I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

> Best Regards,

> Jun Su
> Microsoft Support

> ---
rights.

> --------------------

> | Subject: Playing sound without calling Win32API?
> | Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:48:19 +0700
> |
> | Hi everyone,
> | I'm looking for a class in C# that helps playing sound in .wav format. I
> saw
> | some tutorials about playing sound in C#, they all called win32 function
> | play.
> | Thank a lot for any help!
> | Regards

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 03:16:17 GMT
 Playing sound without calling Win32API?
Thank you Jun! I'll download the DirectX 9 SDK and try it.

Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:56:09 GMT
 Playing sound without calling Win32API?
Assuming we have an older version of DirectX (8.1), what are the basic API
calls for
a simply request to play a precorded .wav file?
I am porting a Java program to C# and the Java code is blissfully simple
just 1 line of Java code.  I have looked a little in the Win32 API and
DirectX
components and it is disturbing that playing a simple audio file seems
so difficult.  Or am I missing something obvious and trivial?

Ed.

Quote:
> Hi,

> After Dx9 release, you can use Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.Audio
> to play a sound without calling an API. You only need to reference the
> Microsoft.DirectX.AudioViewPlayback and add two lines to your code:
>      using Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback;

> I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

> Best Regards,

> Jun Su
> Microsoft Support

Thu, 23 Jun 2005 03:45:56 GMT

1. Playing sound without calling Win32API?

2. How to play WAVE sound from resource?

3. Play Sounds from Resource File

4. Managed C++ and playing WAV files (sound)

5. Playing sounds using C#

6. Simultaneous Playing two buffers using Sound Card

7. Application That Will Record and Play Sound (real-time)

8. Play sound?

9. playing system sound events

10. Playing a sound file with program.

11. Playing Sound Through PC Speaker

12. How do i play sounds in WAV format???