*.~cs files
Author Message
 *.~cs files

Hi -

Looking through some C# projects I've come across some source files that are
named, for example, MyCode.cs and others, with slightly different code in
them and kind of greyed out, that have the same name but the extension .~cs,
e.g MyCode.~cs.

Can any body please tell me what the funtion of these *.~cs files is?

Thanks,

Chris.

Wed, 22 Dec 2004 02:50:18 GMT
 *.~cs files

Quote:
> Hi -

> Looking through some C# projects I've come across some source files that
are
> named, for example, MyCode.cs and others, with slightly different code in
> them and kind of greyed out, that have the same name but the extension
.~cs,
> e.g MyCode.~cs.

> Can any body please tell me what the funtion of these *.~cs files is?

What editor do you use?

Some editors do that when they save a backup copy of your file.

It has nothing to do with .NET.

-c

Wed, 22 Dec 2004 03:18:35 GMT
 *.~cs files
Thanks for your reply Chad.

I'm using Microsoft Visual C# .Net Version 7.0.9466, i.e, the Microsoft
Visual Studio .Net IDE. I'm looking at a Custom Control project and these
files came up when I did a Ctrl-Shift-F search for an inherited class e.g.
search for ": MyCode" in all folders and subfolders of the project.

Chris.

Quote:

> > Hi -

> > Looking through some C# projects I've come across some source files that
> are
> > named, for example, MyCode.cs and others, with slightly different code
in
> > them and kind of greyed out, that have the same name but the extension
> .~cs,
> > e.g MyCode.~cs.

> > Can any body please tell me what the funtion of these *.~cs files is?

> What editor do you use?

> Some editors do that when they save a backup copy of your file.

> It has nothing to do with .NET.

> -c

Wed, 22 Dec 2004 03:28:08 GMT

2. resx files needed for cs - files ??

3. CS files display in VS6 like CPP files ?

4. Include code in other Cs files

6. How to Generate .cs file at Runtime

7. Two CS files (using namespaces)

8. My .cs files were deleted!?

9. manipulating server controls in the Codebehind .cs file

10. Printing .cs files

11. VS.NET: Adding one .cs file to more then one project

12. Calling classes in other cs files