How to upload a file with server credentials
Author Message
 How to upload a file with server credentials
Uwe,
    This question was answered for you earlier today. Look at the responses
you got to your "FTP Upload with Credentials" message.

Jason

Quote:
> How can I upload a file to a server, which requires a
> user ID and a password, please???

> Thank you for any pointer!

> Uwe

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 08:07:15 GMT
 How to upload a file with server credentials
Thanks Jason,

I just saw that. I have played with the streams, BUT I
don't want to send files byte by byte, I just want to
send a file by using it's filename. It's probably trivial
to do, or maybe not, because noone seems to be able to
send me a code snip. The VB.Net sample suggested by
someone is, what it says, Visual Basic. I assume this is
a VC# group....

So what would be the 5 or 10 lines of actual code to get
my question answered?

In the meantime I am in the process of writing a helper
function in VC++, but I don't think that is the
appropriate way of going about VC#....

Any useful help is greatly appreciated.

Uwe

Quote:

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 08:24:46 GMT
 How to upload a file with server credentials
Uwe,
    If you don't want to send your file byte by byte, well....sorry...that's
how it happens at least at some level.

The bottom line is, if you want to send a file from one machine to another,
you're going to have to open a connection with one of these classes (socket,
stream ,etc.) and send the file byte by byte.

You can use Byte Arrays, which breaks the data chunks into somewhat easier
pieces to manage but, it's still bytes you're dealing with.

The name of the file is really what's trivial, not sending it. Sending it
takes plenty more than 5 to 10 lines of code. I am working on an FTP client
and I'm already over 1000 lines of code before really getting that far. Most
of that is property procedures, events, methods, etc. but you get the
picture.

Sorry if this isn't that answer you wanted to hear but, just want to be
honest w/ you.

Jason

Quote:
> Thanks Jason,

> I just saw that. I have played with the streams, BUT I
> don't want to send files byte by byte, I just want to
> send a file by using it's filename. It's probably trivial
> to do, or maybe not, because noone seems to be able to
> send me a code snip. The VB.Net sample suggested by
> someone is, what it says, Visual Basic. I assume this is
> a VC# group....

> So what would be the 5 or 10 lines of actual code to get
> my question answered?

> In the meantime I am in the process of writing a helper
> function in VC++, but I don't think that is the
> appropriate way of going about VC#....

> Any useful help is greatly appreciated.

> Uwe

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 08:41:53 GMT
 How to upload a file with server credentials
Jason,

 no need for a philosophical excursion.

Anybody else with good pointers?

BTW, in C++ it takes 3 lines to achieve what I need, not
thousands:

CInternetSession is(_T("FTPPUT"));
CFtpConnection *pFC = is.GetFtpConnection
(m_csToServerName, m_csUIDServer, m_csServerPassword,
nServerPort, true);
pFC->PutFile(csInFilename, csOutFilename);

Uwe

Quote:

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 20:43:46 GMT

1. FTP Upload with Credentials

2. Uploading a picture file to a server

3. Upload file to server using CGI

4. Uploading a file to server

5. Uploading a file to a server?

6. Uploading File via Http. to a Linux server

7. Uploading files through HTTP to server

8. how to effeciently upload files from client site to web server

9. upload data to http-server

10. http file upload

11. Uploading a file to a WebDAV folder

12. cgi file upload with c