thumbnail image from a Shell folder
Author Message
 thumbnail image from a Shell folder
I want to extract thumnail image from a Shell folder, but I don't know
how to use IExtractImage interface in C#. Anyone can tell me?
Thanks in advance!
Dima

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:18:46 GMT
 thumbnail image from a Shell folder
Dima,

Quote:
>I want to extract thumnail image from a Shell folder, but I don't know
>how to use IExtractImage interface in C#. Anyone can tell me?

Where is the problem exactly? Do you have a managed definition of
IShellFolder? Do you have an IShellFolder reference to the folder you
want to play with? Do you have a managed definition of IExtractImage?
Have you read the docs on how to use it? Do you know what to do with
the parameters?

Mattias

===
Mattias Sj?gren (VB MVP)

http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:26:09 GMT
 thumbnail image from a Shell folder
    On top of what Mattias just said, once you call the Extract method, you
can get your bitmap by calling the static FromHBitmap method on the Bitmap
class.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> Dima,

> >I want to extract thumnail image from a Shell folder, but I don't know
> >how to use IExtractImage interface in C#. Anyone can tell me?

> Where is the problem exactly? Do you have a managed definition of
> IShellFolder? Do you have an IShellFolder reference to the folder you
> want to play with? Do you have a managed definition of IExtractImage?
> Have you read the docs on how to use it? Do you know what to do with
> the parameters?

> Mattias

> ===
> Mattias Sj?gren (VB MVP)

> http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:27:18 GMT

1. Shell File and Folder Images

2. Looking for algorithm to create thumbnail images..

3. thumbnail preview of image files

4. Shell Extensions donot get called in Web Folders

5. TOUGH QUESTION: Adding a virtual folder to the Win95 shell

6. Shell Folder question

7. Shell Namespace and Virutal Folders future.

8. How to open the folder in the default shell namespace

9. Windows NT Shell Programming: Change the shell?

10. Images,Images,Images...

11. Loosing folders in CalssView folder

12. File/Folder path of a file/folder on the explorer