Foreground threads vs. Background threads
Author Message
 Foreground threads vs. Background threads

    I understand that background threads will automatically be killed by the
CLR after the last foreground thread dies, but I'm a little bit confused as
to when the CLR uses foreground or background threads in its own operation.
For example, if I have a Windows Service that exposes remoted objects, and I
stop the service, what happens to the threads that are being used by remote
clients to access the exposed object? Does the service wait for all
in-progress object calls to complete prior to shutting down, or are these
in-progress calls (which are running on thread-pool threads) just killed
abruptly, or..?

--
Fred Sanford

"To understand recursion, we must first understand recursion."

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 00:43:43 GMT

1. worker thread vs main thread?

2. Single Thread VS. Multi Thread

3. Threaded -vs- Multi-threaded Question

4. Free threaded vs. apartment threaded

5. Cooperative thread vs preemptive thread

6. main GUI thread -vs- Main Frame Thread

7. threads, threads, and more threads

8. Windows forms and background threads

9. background threads

10. TCPIP: Seems to be destroying my background worker thread

11. Creating background threads

12. How to create Thread to play wave file in the background