Add C# Web User Controls to a VB.Net Web App
Author Message
 Add C# Web User Controls to a VB.Net Web App

We are sharing a web application project created in
VB.Net.  And I am trying to add some C# user controls to
the web application.

The result is that the IDE pops up an error saying that
the language settings of the usercontrol file (ascx) is
incorrect and the web forms designer can not open the file.

Please help as this was one of the selling features of
VS.Net.

Regards
Jaco

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:12:40 GMT
 Add C# Web User Controls to a VB.Net Web App
Hello,

As far as I know, you may not use more than one source language in a Web
project, and user controls are
considered as source files. You may however share server controls that
reside in compiled DLLs.

--
Dmitriy Lapshin
X-Unity Unit Testing and Integration Environment

Quote:
> We are sharing a web application project created in
> VB.Net.  And I am trying to add some C# user controls to
> the web application.

> The result is that the IDE pops up an error saying that
> the language settings of the usercontrol file (ascx) is
> incorrect and the web forms designer can not open the file.

> Please help as this was one of the selling features of
> VS.Net.

> Regards
> Jaco

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:29:35 GMT

1. Namespace Conflict - c# Class Library used by Web Service and ASP.NET Web App

2. Adding Web Controls to the System.Web.UI.WebControls namespace

3. C# and VB.Net apsx pages in same web application

4. Databinder and Classes - C#, Web Forms, Visual Studio.NET - Binding C# classes to controls on web forms

5. Visual C++ Web Service & ASP Web Controls

6. Can not create web application (ASP.NET using C#)

7. C# asp.net web app - will it save/run on non-MS web servers?

8. Deploying .net windows form apps to the web?

9. Object Passing between Web and Console App in Vs.NET

10. make C# app web enabled

11. AcceptButton on ASP.NET Web App?

12. Web user control: where's my intellisense?