C#: Sending Lotus Notes email messages
Author Message
 C#: Sending Lotus Notes email messages

Hi,

Does anybody have any experience with sending email
messages in Lotus Notes R5 and setting the 'from', 'to'
and 'message body' fields in C# code?

So far I've written some code, but I can't seem to get the
code to run properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:31:35 GMT
 C#: Sending Lotus Notes email messages

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 C#: Sending Lotus Notes email messages
I've used Domino SMTP services successfully, but never tried to directly use
the Notes client. Is there a reason you can't use SMTP, or if you are can
you provide more specifics about the error?

Colin

Quote:
> Hi,

> Does anybody have any experience with sending email
> messages in Lotus Notes R5 and setting the 'from', 'to'
> and 'message body' fields in C# code?

> So far I've written some code, but I can't seem to get the
> code to run properly.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks in advance,

> Eric

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:16:25 GMT
 C#: Sending Lotus Notes email messages
Hi Colin,

I'm afraid I don't have much experience in the C# language
yet, therefor the code I've written doesn't function as
yet. I was hoping on finding some example C# code, but
after searching the internet I while it seems that not
many people have tried to send email thought lotus notes
by using C# yet. (Sending email through Lotus Notes by
using VB6 code is no problem what so ever).

Unfortunately using SMTP isn't an option, as the target
client PC's only have Notes installed.

Regards,

Eric

Quote:

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:54:04 GMT
 C#: Sending Lotus Notes email messages

SMTP is a network protocol that is supported by the Domino server, but it
needs to be configured correctly to accept SMTP connections from a specified
list of clients (if you want to keep yourself off the open relay blacklists
and don't want to send out spam on behalf of some of the lower forms of life
using the internet these days). I've found that using SMTP directly is a lot
more robust than attempting to automate client software.

However, if you intend to automate Notes, you might try using COM interop
(assuming that is what VB6 uses to interface - or use VB6 to expose a COM
interface that you could access through interop).

Colin

Quote:
> Hi Colin,

> I'm afraid I don't have much experience in the C# language
> yet, therefor the code I've written doesn't function as
> yet. I was hoping on finding some example C# code, but
> after searching the internet I while it seems that not
> many people have tried to send email thought lotus notes
> by using C# yet. (Sending email through Lotus Notes by
> using VB6 code is no problem what so ever).

> Unfortunately using SMTP isn't an option, as the target
> client PC's only have Notes installed.

> Regards,

> Eric

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 02:11:47 GMT

1. Solved: Sending mails through Lotus Notes

2. How to send attachment to Lotus Notes?

3. Using Lotus Notes CAPI and XML Toolkit v1.0 from VS .NET: C#, C++

4. sending email within Notes environment

5. How to link to Lotus Notes databases

6. Lotus Notes API

7. Lotus Notes API

8. C++ API, Lotus Notes and RIchTExt

9. Lotus Notes

10. Lotus Notes BITMAP in a CView?

11. help with MFC/Lotus Notes API

12. MS SQLServer ODBC from/to Lotus Notes