midi i/o
Author Message
 midi i/o

How do I control midi in .NET? .NET classes or do I have to wrap COM
objects?

Mon, 23 May 2005 15:30:06 GMT
 midi i/o
.NET 1.0 has no multimedia support at all.

some MIDI related projects:

  http://www.gotdotnet.com/userarea/keywordsrch.aspx?keyword=midi

  http://www.allapi.net/classlib/class.php?id=19

  http://www.mentalis.org/soft/class.qpx?id=1

and there is  DirectMusic, part of DirectX.
AFAIK: unfortunately, it will not be part of managed DirectX 9.0 ...

=> either PInvoke to the native midiXXX Win32 API,
   or (heavy) Interop with the DirectMusic COMponents.

Or you simply use 'Managed C++' and write wrapper classes.

  http://sunlightd.virtualave.net/Windows/DirectX.NET/

--
 Thomas Scheidegger - MVP .NET - 'NETMaster'
 http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_dotnet.html - http://dnetmaster.net/

Mon, 23 May 2005 17:37:18 GMT
 midi i/o
As far as I know, there isn't any multimedia or audio wrappers in the
.NET framework.  You will have to use InterOp.

Tue, 24 May 2005 00:39:24 GMT

1. MIDI

2. Accessing the MIDI port in C#

3. Sample graphics and MIDI programs in LCC-Win32

4. Routines that play MIDI files...

5. MIDI I/O in C#

6. Game / midi port with C#

7. Book FS: MIDI Sequencing in C