Superscripted Font(Styles)
Author Message
 Superscripted Font(Styles)

Hi,

I want to paint texts with footnotes (i.e. superscripted characters) in a
DataGrid Cell using C#. I choosed the approach to override the paint method
of my self defined columnstyle and draw the substrings with different
fonts(tyles).
However, this would finally work, if I'd knew where to find the
"superscripted" property of the font or the font style. Does anybody know
how to set this property? Are there any standards for the relation between
"ordinary" text and footnotes (in case this property doesn't exist and I
have to emulate it)? Any other ideas?

Thanx in advance,

regards

OS

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:19:57 GMT
 Superscripted Font(Styles)
Oliver,

    I don't think that there is a style for superscripted text in a font per
se.  I think that if anything, when the font is rendered, it is rendered a
few point sizes smaller, and the text is elevated to a certain level.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> Hi,

> I want to paint texts with footnotes (i.e. superscripted characters) in a
> DataGrid Cell using C#. I choosed the approach to override the paint
method
> of my self defined columnstyle and draw the substrings with different
> fonts(tyles).
> However, this would finally work, if I'd knew where to find the
> "superscripted" property of the font or the font style. Does anybody know
> how to set this property? Are there any standards for the relation between
> "ordinary" text and footnotes (in case this property doesn't exist and I
> have to emulate it)? Any other ideas?

> Thanx in advance,

> regards

> OS

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:11:51 GMT

1. bitwise or / and with font style (bold/italic/etc)

2. Font Style with RichTextBox

3. Newbie question: multiple font styles on a Dialog

4. ListView & font style question

5. Changing Font Style / Selecting and Deleting Objects

6. Enhanced Metafile and Fonts, line styles...

7. Finding out what styles fonts can support...

8. Changing Font style and size in control windows

9. System font settings changes Window style!

10. default font style for dialogs

11. changing the font-style in a clistview control

12. Changing font style in CEdit derived control.