I would really like the option in the generated setup program to default to
"everyone" instead of "only me"

Can this be done?

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:15:45 GMT
 setup program, defaulting to "everyone"
I have not examined the setup project completely, but I am fairly certain
that option is in there, as the properties of the setup are readily
available.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

****
Think outside the box!
****

Quote:
> I would really like the option in the generated setup program to default
> "everyone" instead of "only me"

> Can this be done?

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:14:41 GMT
 setup program, defaulting to "everyone"
I _did_ look at the property page before posting to these groups.
No, there's not an option.

"Cowboy (aka Gregory A. Beamer) [MVP]"

Quote:
> I have not examined the setup project completely, but I am fairly certain
> that option is in there, as the properties of the setup are readily
> available.

> --
> Gregory A. Beamer
> MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
> Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

> ****
> Think outside the box!

> ****

> > I would really like the option in the generated setup program to default
> > "everyone" instead of "only me"

> > Can this be done?

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:59:56 GMT
 setup program, defaulting to "everyone"
Eric,

Did you generate the install file with Visual Studio.NET? It's capabilities
are limited. You need to install "Orca" the MSI editor that is part of the
Platfrom SDK.

Open your MSI file in Orca, then click on the "Property" table, find the
Property called "FolderForm_AllUsers", change it's value from "ME" to "ALL".
This should fix your problem.

Jim

Quote:
> I would really like the option in the generated setup program to default
> "everyone" instead of "only me"

> Can this be done?

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:59:36 GMT
 setup program, defaulting to "everyone"
Hello,

Yes, Jim is right. However, what we should know is that not all users have
the privilege to install application as ALLUSER.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Max
==========================

--------------------

|Subject: Re: setup program, defaulting to "everyone"
|
|Eric,
|
|Did you generate the install file with Visual Studio.NET? It's capabilities
|are limited. You need to install "Orca" the MSI editor that is part of the
|Platfrom SDK.
|
|Open your MSI file in Orca, then click on the "Property" table, find the
|Property called "FolderForm_AllUsers", change it's value from "ME" to
"ALL".
|This should fix your problem.
|
|Jim
|
|> I would really like the option in the generated setup program to default
|> "everyone" instead of "only me"
|>
|> Can this be done?

Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:45:16 GMT

--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:16:02 GMT

1. "Unrecoverable build error" for Setup projects

2. "Setup Error 168"

3. "Default" Button style question

4. "default" function definitions

5. Find "default text editor"

6. "Default" Properties in ActiveX control

7. Overriding default "OnFileOpen" to my CFileHandler

8. Program from "Unix Network Programming"

9. "The C Programming Language" programs

10. remove() vrs fopen("""w")

12. Looking for "Shroud"/"Obfus"