config file for a windows form application
Author Message
 config file for a windows form application

How do I create .config file for a windows form application?

TIA,

Eliyahu

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:16:14 GMT
 config file for a windows form application
You name it the same as your exe, with a .config extension. That is
MyApp.exe would read config file MyApp.exe.config. It has to be in the same
location as the exe.

Quote:
> How do I create .config file for a windows form application?

> TIA,

> Eliyahu

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:24:01 GMT
 config file for a windows form application
If you are using VS the best way is to add to your
solution a file named: app.config containing everything
you need to put into a config file.
When you will build the solution, VS will rename it
correctly and copy it in the directory where the exe or
dll file is created.

If you are working in a command line (csc) you must
create it manually, no support.

Quote:

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:27:03 GMT
 config file for a windows form application

Quote:
>If you are using VS the best way is to add to your
>solution a file named: app.config containing everything
>you need to put into a config file.

If you add a "Dynamic Property" to a form or control in the form ,
app.config file will be created for you and added to the project.
Please refer to the section "Introduction to Dynamic Properties" in the
MSDN documentation:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vboriIntroductionT...
ationSettingStorage.asp

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Bobby Mattappally
Microsoft VC++/C# Team

--------------------

>Subject: config file for a windows form application

>If you are using VS the best way is to add to your
>solution a file named: app.config containing everything
>you need to put into a config file.
>When you will build the solution, VS will rename it
>correctly and copy it in the directory where the exe or
>dll file is created.

>If you are working in a command line (csc) you must
>create it manually, no support.

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 06:44:25 GMT
 config file for a windows form application
What if I don't need any dynamic properties? I need to add a trace switch
and to set it's level.

Quote:
> >If you are using VS the best way is to add to your
> >solution a file named: app.config containing everything
> >you need to put into a config file.

> If you add a "Dynamic Property" to a form or control in the form ,
> app.config file will be created for you and added to the project.
> Please refer to the section "Introduction to Dynamic Properties" in the
> MSDN documentation:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vboriIntroductionT...
Quote:
> ationSettingStorage.asp

> Hope this helps.

> Thank you,
> Bobby Mattappally
> Microsoft VC++/C# Team

rights.

> --------------------

> >Subject: config file for a windows form application

> >If you are using VS the best way is to add to your
> >solution a file named: app.config containing everything
> >you need to put into a config file.
> >When you will build the solution, VS will rename it
> >correctly and copy it in the directory where the exe or
> >dll file is created.

> >If you are working in a command line (csc) you must
> >create it manually, no support.

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:05:07 GMT
 config file for a windows form application
The question is not how to name it, but how to create it. It should have a
certain structure and I am supposed to add my stuff to it, not to create it
manually.

Quote:
> You name it the same as your exe, with a .config extension. That is
> MyApp.exe would read config file MyApp.exe.config. It has to be in the
same
> location as the exe.

> > How do I create .config file for a windows form application?

> > TIA,

> > Eliyahu

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:09:25 GMT
 config file for a windows form application
no problem. It juste creates a file in your project. You
can always remove the dynamic property in it.

Quote:

us/vbcon/html/vboriIntroductionToApplic

>> ationSettingStorage.asp

>> Hope this helps.

>> Thank you,
>> Bobby Mattappally
>> Microsoft VC++/C# Team

>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no
>rights.

>> --------------------

>> >Sender: "=?iso-8859-1?B?ZnLpZG8=?="

>> >Subject: config file for a windows form application

>> >If you are using VS the best way is to add to your
>> >solution a file named: app.config containing
everything
>> >you need to put into a config file.
>> >When you will build the solution, VS will rename it
>> >correctly and copy it in the directory where the exe
or
>> >dll file is created.

>> >If you are working in a command line (csc) you must
>> >create it manually, no support.

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 05:21:14 GMT
 config file for a windows form application
Creating it manually should not be such a big deal:
Please see below doc:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskCreatingIniti...
TraceSwitches.asp

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Bobby Mattappally
Microsoft VC++/C# Team

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: Re: config file for a windows form application

>The question is not how to name it, but how to create it. It should have a
>certain structure and I am supposed to add my stuff to it, not to create it
>manually.

>> You name it the same as your exe, with a .config extension. That is
>> MyApp.exe would read config file MyApp.exe.config. It has to be in the
>same
>> location as the exe.

>> > How do I create .config file for a windows form application?

>> > TIA,

>> > Eliyahu

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 05:28:37 GMT
 config file for a windows form application
The question is not how to name it, but how to create it. It should have a
certain structure and I am supposed to add my stuff to it, not to create it
manually.

Quote:
> You name it the same as your exe, with a .config extension. That is
> MyApp.exe would read config file MyApp.exe.config. It has to be in the
same
> location as the exe.

> > How do I create .config file for a windows form application?

> > TIA,

> > Eliyahu

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:09:25 GMT

1. Make Windows Form Application with VC++.NET 2002 using a visual form

2. Application Config File

3. Updating the security.config file in the CONFIG directory

4. Managing .config files for C# applications.

5. Application config files - pros and cons

6. Config File on a Windows Service does not work

7. Datagrid with Windows Form application

8. Exception in System.Windows.Forms while application is idle

9. Beta 2: can't run C# Windows Forms applications

10. Global database connection string in Windows Form Application

11. Windows Form Help Application

12. Awakening the UI thread from another thread in a Windows Form application