Reading from a Serial Port with C# ???
Author Message
 Reading from a Serial Port with C# ???

My Serial Port FAQ:

.NET 1.0 has no support for legacy ports (COM/LPT).

There are plans to add support for serial ports in a future version:
    http://www.*-*-*.com/ %23vQLn9bCHA.392%40tkmsftngp09
  "this sample is very similar to what we will be adding" :
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
     (note, project built with beta vs.net, just get the .cs)

With 1.0 you have to use PInvoke or Interop :

First understand the Win32 API as described here (C++):
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

New MSDN article for .NET (mostly C#):
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

PInvoke samples for C#:
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

or for VB.NET:
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

or you can use the "Managed Extensions for C++" and write wrappers.
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
    on your VS.NET path:
     ...\VC7\managedextensionsspec.doc
     ...\VC7\migration_guide.doc
   MC++ Sample:
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

or reusing the VB6 MSComm ActiveX is easy, but it has some 'problems' (license)
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

commercial:
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

for Interop, use newsgroup:

 Thomas Scheidegger - MVP .NET - 'NETMaster'
  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ://dnetmaster.net/

Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:39:25 GMT
 Reading from a Serial Port with C# ???

Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:24:45 GMT

1. Reading and writing Serial port using C# in Visual.NET

2. Read/Write serial port using C#

3. Reading serial port in C#

4. Serial port to serial port copying software

5. Challenge: Virtual serial ports from real serial port

6. How to use serial(com) port in C#?

7. Write and Read on Serial Port of PC

8. serial port communication in C#

9. Serial port read/write in C

10. Q: Simple way to read from serial port?

11. Help me please!!!! How to read serial port###

12. How to read from a serial port?