Can I run other exe file in C#?
Author Message
 Can I run other exe file in C#?

Hi there,

I want to run other exe file in C#, any one know how to call it?

because I have a java class already and want to use C# to run some function
and then call java class to run some function.

Thanks

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 04:20:24 GMT
 Can I run other exe file in C#?
Yi,

    If you want to run an executable, then you can use the static Start
method on the Process class.  However, if you want to call methods in a java
class, then this will be difficult, if not impossible, as you would have in
instantiate a JVM in your app domain and then marshal the calls from proxies
in .NET to the JVM.

    Hope this helps.

--
               - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

Quote:
> Hi there,

> I want to run other exe file in C#, any one know how to call it?

> because I have a java class already and want to use C# to run some
function
> and then call java class to run some function.

> Thanks

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 04:19:27 GMT
 Can I run other exe file in C#?
we have recently done this.  We did it by using the JNI
interface to allow C++ to call Java classes.  We wrote the
JNI code using C++ and use p/Invoke from .NET to our JNI
C++ wrapper dll.  The wrapper dll creates a JVM and then
calls the class.  It was pretty complex, but it can be
done.

Quote:

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:12:40 GMT
 Can I run other exe file in C#?
Actually, if this issue is simply calling Java classes, there products
that allow this from .NET.  Check out our Java/.NET interoperability
tool, JNBridgePro, at www.jnbridge.com.

Wayne
____________________________________
Wayne Citrin
JNBridge, LLC

http://www.jnbridge.com
Spanning the worlds of Java and .NET
____________________________________

Quote:
> Yi,

>     If you want to run an executable, then you can use the static Start
> method on the Process class.  However, if you want to call methods in a java
> class, then this will be difficult, if not impossible, as you would have in
> instantiate a JVM in your app domain and then marshal the calls from proxies
> in .NET to the JVM.

>     Hope this helps.

> --
>                - Nicholas Paldino [.NET MVP]

> > Hi there,

> > I want to run other exe file in C#, any one know how to call it?

> > because I have a java class already and want to use C# to run some
>  function
> > and then call java class to run some function.

> > Thanks

Tue, 18 Jan 2005 04:49:54 GMT

1. Help:EXE runs on some comp's, not others

2. How Can: I run devenv.exe from a C# Console Application

3. running C# exe on win2K without .NET

4. .exe output of C# dos not run stand alone on other machin

6. Atl Commpent Only can be run by Administrator Group But Not Others

7. Suspending ONLY the thread at break point, keeping others running on VC++ 7.0

8. Cannot run app with Mfc42.dll (and others) in working directory

9. running .exe files

10. Managed VC++.NET (2002): Run the .exe file in the Debug or Release Folder

11. How to run EXE file

12. Running an EXE file in Borland C 4.0