Unable to add custom C# control to a form - Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019
Author Message
 Unable to add custom C# control to a form - Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019

It's driving my crazy, but each time I create a (simple) C# control and add
it to a Form, for a while everything works fine.  Then, for no apparent
reason, at some later stage, when I open the form I get a message box saying
"Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019".  The custom control still shows, but
it is now impossible to modify any of its properties via the Form Editor.
Further, if I delete the custom control from the form, it is impossible to
add it to the form again.

Also, if I create a completely new form, everything seems to work OK, but as
always, only for a while.  Then the same problem occurs with the new form.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

I've already tried the standard "add the control to the GAC", but this
hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Stuart.

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:51:54 GMT

1. Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019

2. Exception errro HRESULT: 0x80131019 from the View Designer

3. Can not add a custom .NET control on the form in design-time

4. C# ASP.NET Forms - Client Side Validation using Custom Validator Control

5. Unable to catch exception thrown from ActiveX control in an MFC client

6. Unable to catch exception thrown from ActiveX control in an MFC client

7. Professional ASP.NET Server Controls - Building Custom Controls with C#

8. custom HRESULT in MSSOAP toolkit revisited.

9. custom HRESULT decoding to error message

10. Custom HRESULTs question.

11. Custom HRESULTs

12. Custom HRESULTS